Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Associate
The wife bought big (for us) into Cardano and the last few days has been amazing! Same for ETH and even Doge which was a purchase based on skepticism and how it was being played as opposed to basing it on it's actual value. that's paid off real nice!

Soldato
The wife bought big (for us) into Cardano and the last few days has been amazing! Same for ETH and even Doge which was a purchase based on skepticism and how it was being played as opposed to basing it on it's actual value. that's paid off real nice!

Crypto forum is that way -> :p

I'm done with trading for a bit now and am just going to leave it for a while. Happy I made some good trades in the Q1 dip....now to ride for a while.

Caporegime
It's waaay more profitable than S&S

I'm now over 50 percent in crypto such are the gains

Caporegime
It's waaay more profitable than S&S

I'm now over 50 percent in crypto such are the gains

Until a crash happens then you will be down 90 percent.

It's not profit until you cash out especially with crypto. Also I believe that crypto shouldn't be allowed in a stocks and shares thread. Your buying virtual coins based on nothing. I have some but I understand it's 100% gambling and essentially the world's biggest pyramid scheme. The day it crashes hard is the day it will be likely banned to stop it from happening ever again. Probably won't be this crash that comes soon but the one after this one.

Soldato
Until a crash happens then you will be down 90 percent.

It's not profit until you cash out especially with crypto. Also I believe that crypto shouldn't be allowed in a stocks and shares thread. Your buying virtual coins based on nothing. I have some but I understand it's 100% gambling and essentially the world's biggest pyramid scheme. The day it crashes hard is the day it will be likely banned to stop it from happening ever again. Probably won't be this crash that comes soon but the one after this one.
Maybe, maybe not - but it's certainly a gamble.

Who knows when it'll crash - could be a month, could be 10 years. Either way my Crypto 'investments' are delivering significantly more than my stocks. Like not even in the same league.

Don
Maybe, maybe not - but it's certainly a gamble.

Who knows when it'll crash - could be a month, could be 10 years. Either way my Crypto 'investments' are delivering significantly more than my stocks. Like not even in the same league.

Are you actively cashing out / realizing your gains to avoid a loss if they crash though?

Caporegime
It's worth the risk.
I just don't feel like taking out more than 20 percent. There are mini dips but nothing cataclysmic for ages. And it's one of those things that if I lost it all. It would be annoying. But if it carries on (and somehow manages to escape this energy disaster) not being in it will be a worse kicker.
I mean, it could end up being a life changing amount of money. This is never going to happen with stocks.

I've also lost just as much in individual stocks. I remember when PFC had thier scandal and it crashed overnight.

But yeah crypto is kind of a gamble, but it's not like betting on a horse. It could be the future.. If it can become less energy demanding.

For me, the main issue is energy consumption. That's my only worry. I think without that (it's unsustainable) there's no reason to think btc couldn't be worth 100k, 1 million. Etc

This thread isn't for this you are right.
My stocks are flat for the day, still nothing really interests me to buy at the moment.

Last edited:
Soldato
Coinbase gets listed today, anybody going to jump on it or going to wait in hopes it dumps after the hype wears off ?

https://www.ft.com/content/06d98c02-f5da-45e8-a0f5-20e3bfd64879

IPO stocks typically lose value in the first year. Just look at Deliveroo. Dubbed, the 'worst IPO in London's History.' A few of us on here said we were going to avoid it like the plague. Facebook was another one that had a disastrous IPO.

Really IPOs in these type of companies only exist so that the venture capitalists can cash out some of their investment and profit.

I wonder if some investors are pulling money from BTC miners and other exchanges for this IPO, or know something we don't. Marathon, Riot, and Argo all tanking today despite the value of BTC.

EDIT: It was showing at $320 a few mins ago, now $348.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom