• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Control - fps spikes

Associate
PC:
Monitor:AORUS FI27Q
Cpu: 10850K with Nzxt Kraken X73 ( 60c in game )
Gpu: Rtx 3090 Gaming Oc ( 60C in game )
Ram: 32gb 2x16 GB DDR4 GSKILL 3200MHZ XMP
Psu: Seasonic Ultra Prime Titanium 850W TX
mb: Aorus 490 Pro Gaming
SSD: Crucial 1TB Nvm SSD
Case: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P

I have question about Remedy Control.

Sometimes when i stop moving character and looking at screen for example is steady 73fps forever,but from time to time it spikes for a second to 50 or 60fps etc fps and back again to 73fps. Even if on screen nothing happens and i am standing on the same place. Is this game issue? temps are ok
This completely making me angry why it dropping without reason?I dont touch mouse or keyb. I have ok temps. Also no other programs in background.

Associate
that happens near some of the saving spots as you move away from them/get near them, i believe its the game "loading" in the background, happens even on a SSD, i wouldnt worry about it, it should go back to fine after couple seconds

Permabanned
Buy a console because with all your PC issue threads all over multiple Web Forums you do not know WTF you are doing so down to an IBK error.

Soldato
That's almost certainly a loading issue, meaning assets are getting swapped around. If you have raytracing on then there's also the bvh structure getting rebuilt as you play, so that can also add some variance to the frametime. Until we get direct storage for games this will remain a common thing, especially since devs don't want to let GPUs put the vram to work if you have it (which you do).

Associate
OP
Can i explain again please? I am just standing on the same place in game. Not touching keyboard or mouse. And observing character and fps. Nothing happens on screen.
Fps is 73-74fps. Then after 3 minutes it drops to 50 fps for 1 second and goes back to 74fps. Nothing to worry about?

Permabanned
headupass.jpg

Associate
OP
I run game now 4 times from a row and observing fps 5-10 minutes and no drops I think it was just game background loading maybe something and it was dropping fps .

Before i was playing Quake 2 rtx and then Control. Maybe i must rebooting pc before Control,dunno.

Back
Top Bottom