my cpu high idle temps

Caporegime
Some RGB software is known to elevate temps. Close down any you have running.

And I really wouldn’t worry, those temps seem fine, especially if the ambient temperature is much warmer today.

Soldato
Usually high idle temps are due to:

1) Poor paste application
2) Low or choked airflow
3) Abundance of back group processes

You forgot the power settings in windows, the amount of times I've seen people forget to change it from 'full power' to 'balanced' so you get power savings etc is daft.

Having said that in this case I'd say it's likely due to hotter weather, I've seen 5-10 degree increases in summer on my machines.

Associate
30-39 doesnt seem that much different from the normal tbh and a lot can depend on the computers location room and even surface its mounted on

two weeks ago outside here it was -2 to 5 this week its 13-15 when the heating was on my lows sat around 30-33 ish this week my idle temps are 22-30 but in both cases my highs have never gone over 59

is the H100 setup to pull outside air over the radiator or to vent the case heat

but to be honest the 3800x is a hot little beast and would be happy with 35 some people stress to much my old system ran at 45 ish for 6 years and hit 80 on full load everyday of the week with no issues or choking

Back
Top Bottom