X570 motherboards with Killer NIC?

Associate
I'm looking for any X570 chipset motherboards that include Killer NIC technology - I think the current wired chips for that are the E2600 and E3000.

So far I've only found the MSI MEG X570 Godlike that includes it:
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/msi-...-x570-chipset-eatx-motherboard-mb-34c-ms.html

Does anyone know of any others?

If you are going to reply with something like "don't get Killer NIC it's rubbish get XYZ instead", please don't bother. I've seen all the debates about the technology, I like their software suite and find it works well for my needs.

Permabanned
I'm looking for any X570 chipset motherboards that include Killer NIC technology - I think the current wired chips for that are the E2600 and E3000.

So far I've only found the MSI MEG X570 Godlike that includes it:
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/msi-...-x570-chipset-eatx-motherboard-mb-34c-ms.html

Does anyone know of any others?

If you are going to reply with something like "don't get Killer NIC it's rubbish get XYZ instead", please don't bother. I've seen all the debates about the technology, I like their software suite and find it works well for my needs.

I agree, actually. I think Killer got a really unfair deal from users. It's good and it's user friendly. I think part of the issue was that some people just didn't understand what it was doing and judged it by superficial performance figures. There are other pieces of software that can do the same thing, but Killer was a nice little all-in package.

Soldato
I agree, actually. I think Killer got a really unfair deal from users. It's good and it's user friendly. I think part of the issue was that some people just didn't understand what it was doing and judged it by superficial performance figures.
On the contrary many people understood it exactly as complete marketing scam for illiterate it is:

At least 99% of internet connection network and its lag for that multiplayer game is completely outside control of single user.
Basically for every millisecond of lag locally there's at least ten times more in WAN part.
And if you're knowingly clogging your own local end of connection full of traffic during gameplay, that's simply "your own damn vault".
Neither can it do anything if other users sharing same internet connection clog it.

Permabanned
On the contrary many people understood it exactly as complete marketing scam for illiterate it is:

At least 99% of internet connection network and its lag for that multiplayer game is completely outside control of single user.
Basically for every millisecond of lag locally there's at least ten times more in WAN part.
And if you're knowingly clogging your own local end of connection full of traffic during gameplay, that's simply "your own damn vault".
Neither can it do anything if other users sharing same internet connection clog it.

I don't accept that at all. I think people expected it to perform miracles and of course it could not do that. I don't understand why people get so inflamed about it. It allows you to readily control the traffic from your own PC without having to manually shut everything down when you are playing. In combination with Killer router it also allows you to limit other devices on your network that are causing issues. Overall it's a friendly, good solution, but only if you have a problem!! I think the issue lay in peoples expectations. It's a bit like gaming VPN's, it's not going to solve a problem if you don't have one.

Soldato
I don't accept that at all. I think people expected it to perform miracles and of course it could not do that. I don't understand why people get so inflamed about it. It allows you to readily control the traffic from your own PC without having to manually shut everything down when you are playing. In combination with Killer router it also allows you to limit other devices on your network that are causing issues. Overall it's a friendly, good solution, but only if you have a problem!! I think the issue lay in peoples expectations. It's a bit like gaming VPN's, it's not going to solve a problem if you don't have one.
Miracles are exactly what it claims to do.

Most downloading/uploading tools themselves have bandwidth limit settings, so nothing there which can't be done for free.
Which are sensible to use even when web surfing to leave bandwidth for browser...
And neither are QoS/bandwidth limits exactly rarity in routers.

Associate
OP
Thanks for hijacking my thread with yet another pointless debate about this technology, it's not like I even specifically asked people not to do so in the original post... Un-subscribing from it now.

Back
Top Bottom