Gas fire pit tables and gas patio heater - How many hours of use,

Soldato
So roughly how many hours of use do you get from a standard 10kg gas bottle for a patio heater or a fire pit table thingy?

eg: 4hrs? 14hrs? 40hrs?

Soldato
OP
That is a good point but part of the fun is feeding the fire pit fuel, chopping the wood to put on and just 'man make fire'. Simply switching a flame on does not have the same appeal. Plus my fire pit was at least ten times cheaper than the one linked.
Understood, but most fire pits I've used has meant walking away smelling of smoke, which isn't ideal for me...

Soldato
Much like with barbecues, these presumably also have the advantage of being able to spontaneously decide to go and fire it up for half an hour on an evening, enjoy a drink and then turn it off again and not need the entire thing to be a workup to set up and clean that means you never use it unless you'll be sat there for 3 hours.

Soldato
OP
Much like with barbecues, these presumably also have the advantage of being able to spontaneously decide to go and fire it up for half an hour on an evening, enjoy a drink and then turn it off again and not need the entire thing to be a workup to set up and clean that means you never use it unless you'll be sat there for 3 hours.
Exactly... Only downside is if you assume you get say 6-8hrs of use per 5kg gas bottle, that works out about £4 per hour.

Soldato
That gas bottles for my gas barbecue and outdoor gas burner seem to last ages, like well over a year maybe 2, and I use those all the time.

Those are 12 &15 kg respectively.

Soldato
"Gas burner" being a patio heater type thingy?

Nah, like an ourdoor gas hob ring.

s-l1600.jpg

I mostly use it to put a large wok on when I do some stir fry outside in the garden. I have an induction hob in the housee with no piped gas which is useless for any type of wok I have tried.

I also made a large home made deep fryer which I put it on.

Soldato
OP
Nah, like an ourdoor gas hob ring.

s-l1600.jpg

I mostly use it to put a large wok on when I do some stir fry outside in the garden. I have an induction hob in the housee with no piped gas which is useless for any type of wok I have tried.

I also made a large home made deep fryer which I put it on.
Oh :)

I'm simply after warming my hands, not cook a chicken stir fry:)

Associate
Unbelievable that the government is banning the sale of gas boilers for domestic winter heating, but allows bottled gas heating of the sky in what we laughably call a 'Summer'.

Back
Top Bottom