Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Associate
Hi,

With the Bitcoin/ Crypto market taking a huge tumble recently, at some point in the near future I would like to take a bit of a punt and put a couple of thousand in on the hope of a strong rebound at some point. Considering how high profile and always in the news bitcoin value is, I'm surprised that it is so difficult to find 'safe' platforms in which to trade crypto in. Platforms that come to mind are coinbase, Etoro, trading 212 etc. but i've been reading that some of these don't allow UK residents to buy crypto anymore.

Anyway - long story short, please can someone recommend the easiest and safest, legit platform for someone looking to be able to buy £2-3k of crypto and should I be fortunate enough to profit off the rebound, be able to easily trade back and sell for GDP later down the line.

I realise crypto is the wildwest of investing and its high risk. I already have a Vanguard stocks and shares ISA for most of my saving needs but I would like to diversify and put a small amount into this which I deem high risk/ high reward.

Any help and advice would be very appreciated. Thank you.

Soldato
Hi,

With the Bitcoin/ Crypto market taking a huge tumble recently, at some point in the near future I would like to take a bit of a punt and put a couple of thousand in on the hope of a strong rebound at some point. Considering how high profile and always in the news bitcoin value is, I'm surprised that it is so difficult to find 'safe' platforms in which to trade crypto in. Platforms that come to mind are coinbase, Etoro, trading 212 etc. but i've been reading that some of these don't allow UK residents to buy crypto anymore.

Anyway - long story short, please can someone recommend the easiest and safest, legit platform for someone looking to be able to buy £2-3k of crypto and should I be fortunate enough to profit off the rebound, be able to easily trade back and sell for GDP later down the line.

I realise crypto is the wildwest of investing and its high risk. I already have a Vanguard stocks and shares ISA for most of my saving needs but I would like to diversify and put a small amount into this which I deem high risk/ high reward.

Any help and advice would be very appreciated. Thank you.

Hi, Crypto Gamblers forums is here, they'll be able to advise if they are still with us ;)

Soldato
SaRRrw6.png

Do we like Samsung & TSMC, vs Fabless I think they are solid prospects long term not too expensive but not a simple question because of the risks involved

TSMC and partners announce 1nm process breakthrough - Industry - News - HEXUS.net

crypto is the wildwest of investing

I wouldn't say I've invested in a barrel of oil, it would be commodity speculation and the asset is not in use so not investment. Capital is not deployed, its retention of future supply in the hope of higher price. A short seller is a future buyer, a speculative buy is a future seller.
Frequently it unwinds especially when you can observe frothy over speculation and over involvement of a crowd of otherwise uninterested participants. Usage is important, its pass the parcel if nobody wants to use it themselves. Some people are experts at spotting this process, normal commodities adjust with greater supply but BTC restricts it and does the reverse some but still I think it relates as a commodity best. My bank doesnt even let me buy commodity ETF.

We'll keep cycling between froth and actual usage demand, various assets will see asset price inflation probably related to QE and weak monetary policy and my guess is that effect is accelerating. I blame QE for low world GDP growth and oil lower demand vs costs, inflation damages industry and trade in general I think.
If dollar index is weak, sterling is recovering its previous losses which I presume helps reduce costs that otherwise might rise for British companies, FT250 etc

Soldato
Been holding TSMC for a for a good while now in my SIPP it's seen some good growth in that time. The dangers with them are mostly political. e.g. China, and the west wanting more fab outside of Asia. Demand for semi-conductors is only going increase.

Caporegime
Maybe more countries realise with shortages it's going to be a bit like with vaccines, countries won't want to share if it helps someone else's economy at their expense.

most countries will probably want foundries in their own lands from now if they are smart.

TSMC was already going to be building one in america anyway

Soldato
Keyword Studios announce its earnings tomorrow. Should be good. The demand for 3d/graphics/animation will have only increased as the video game industry grows.

Hopefully decent results will see them slowly climb back to near £30 a share where they were heading before the markets took a downturn.

Soldato
What do people make of Robotic Process Automation companies like BluePrism and UIPath? I'm genuinely interested having seen what they can do in the workplace.

[edit]
Just noticed @arknor posting about it back in January - are you invested? Any thoughts on current position of both companies?

Soldato
What's the GME news? I didn't see anything in a search but noticed it was up 15%. I only have one paltry share these days.

The only GME news I've seen is that they are planning to try and start using NFTs for digital game ownership, potentially making it possible to sell used digital games... but that doesn't seem that significant

Soldato
The only GME news I've seen is that they are planning to try and start using NFTs for digital game ownership, potentially making it possible to sell used digital games... but that doesn't seem that significant

So, the hundredth company to come with the staggeringly original idea to let people resell games using BlOckChaIN....which they don't actually need blockchain to do, and don't have a digital distribution platform to start with.

Good excuse for the reddit memers to pump the price a bit I suppose..

Soldato
So, the hundredth company to come with the staggeringly original idea to let people resell games using BlOckChaIN....which they don't actually need blockchain to do, and don't have a digital distribution platform to start with.

Well that and why would any publisher or developer get onboard with such an idea knowing how famously against resale of old games they have always been in the first place. Digital distribution is the silver bullet to finally destroy the preowned market forever, why would they want to re-enable it?

Soldato

With NFT's being a digital fingerprint as such, could you effectively buy, say, Shigeru Miyamoto's Super Mario copy and the associated save file?

Back
Top Bottom