They don’t make em like they use to do!

Soldato
I've got a pair of old Technics 1210s. From the serial numbers, I worked out that one is older than me and was built in 1982, the other in 86. I bought them both second hand when I was 18 and they've taken some abuse during my student days!

Soldato
I know what you mean. I've had my broom for about 20 years. A few new heads and handles along the way but lasted a lot longer than the brooms you get nowadays.

Man of Honour
I no longer have them. But we replaced a Bosch washing machine last year whichg was 23 years old (1997). We replaced it because my wife wanted something newer. But I wish we had kept the old one. It worked fine and was used every day. I also disposed of an old clock radio last year because I didn't need it. But that was at least 33 years old (1987). Again it was working fine but I simply didn't need it.

Soldato
Until recently I was using a coffee filter machine I got as a wedding present 27 years ago. It outlasted the marriage.

My second wife made me stop using it last year as looking at it annoyed her. It is now in the garage.

Associate
My parents brought their house in 1989 and the boiler which is a Potterton is a boiler from the 1970s Heritage & History Of Glow-worm In The UK. It has never failed my parents and the only thing that they've ever had to do with it is have a new Thermocouple fitted and is still going strong now. However, sadly the Gas Engineer condemned it last week as the heater element is starting to rust up and won't pass it on service on it next year :( we thought it was going to outlast us all! :D:D

Last edited:
Soldato
My parents were using a Sharp clothes dryer until about 5 years ago, they got it when I was a baby to keep on top of drying all the nappies I was going through, I turned 40 this year!
As far as I know the only things it ever needed were new brushes whenever they wore out.

Back
Top Bottom