Ram Recommendations

Soldato
For modern gaming 16GB is minimum at current prices.
For enthusiast use with also web browsers etc open on background 32GB is sensible choise.
Video editing etc works again can use memory like there's no tomorrow.

Associate
Crucial ballistix 3600mhz cl16 can often be found very cheap and it's great ram. They're single rank so I bought 2 kits (4 sticks) to run dual rank dual channel and they overclock well. I got mine running at 3800MHz and slightly better timings.

Associate
Thank you i will have a look into both of those! I have also been looking at the corsair vengeance or would you not recommend this one?

I've used Corsair Vengeance in the past, and cannot fault it. I currently use 4x8Gb G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 3200MHz. It's a little on the pricey side, but very good, and has that little bit of RGB if you're looking for that kind of thing.

Associate
OP
I've used Corsair Vengeance in the past, and cannot fault it. I currently use 4x8Gb G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 3200MHz. It's a little on the pricey side, but very good, and has that little bit of RGB if you're looking for that kind of thing.

I might have to look into that then! Especially as RGB makes your pc faster ;)

Associate
Watch a gamers nexus vid other day about 2 sticks vs 4. Result 4 sticks about 10% better performance. So if you do plan on 32gb and don't see yourself putting more in 4x8gb might be a way forward( 4x8 3200 he found best)..downside is of course having to replace it all if you want more.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UkGu6A-6sQ

personally 2x16 for me to give room for more

Associate
OP
Watch a gamers nexus vid other day about 2 sticks vs 4. Result 4 sticks about 10% better performance. So if you do plan on 32gb and don't see yourself putting more in 4x8gb might be a way forward( 4x8 3200 he found best)..downside is of course having to replace it all if you want more.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UkGu6A-6sQ

personally 2x16 for me to give room for more
Thanks man! I will give it a watch! I was thinking to go for 2x16 just so i have that room in the future if i need it without having to scrap a load of RAM

Associate
Thanks man! I will give it a watch! I was thinking to go for 2x16 just so i have that room in the future if i need it without having to scrap a load of RAM
actually, thinking about it, check the prices...4x8 might be cheaper than 2x16....by the time you think of upgrading in a couple of years(can't see 32gb will become too small in that timeframe) DDR5 will be the prevalent RAM, as that should be out next year

Associate
OP
actually, thinking about it, check the prices...4x8 might be cheaper than 2x16....by the time you think of upgrading in a couple of years(can't see 32gb will become too small in that timeframe) DDR5 will be the prevalent RAM, as that should be out next year

I will go and have a look! So maybe for the time being it would be more cost effective to go for 4x8GB and then upgrade to DDR5 if i need!

Thank you for your help on this man

Back
Top Bottom