• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RX 6700xt Curiosity

Associate
Damn. So if AMD lowest card cost 600+ £ then there is no way they going to increase Their market Share against Nvidia.

600£ is enthusiast price not main stream.

GPUs must go back to 200-300£ price tag, no matter performance .

Soldato
so when it comes to the 6800 non xt was the wafer quality that high that they all went to the xt and 6900 variants as seems theres a hell of a lot more of them around, or was it a paper launch, in comparison the 6700xt has a plentiful supply, obviously it uses a different process

Associate
OP
AMD set miss leading MSRP's, the 6700 XT was £419 at launch and the launch MSRP was for around 50 units which lasted less than 60 seconds.
The day after launch most cost prices increased by over $100 from AIB's, then a month later another $100 or so was added and as such the cost of 6700 XT is now vastly higher, I even showed our cost on the Asrock 6700 XT when we had it at £749 to show we were only making like 6% margin on the part.

£700-800 is currently going rate, of course AIB's are making much larger margins than usual but thats also because they are manufacturing far less product so to ensure they still make the same money they have to charge more to ensure all their overheads are covered.

As to are they selling at the current prices, well yes they are, they are not flying out but at the same time we don't have the volume of stock to support flying out but the sales are decent and we have no worries about selling our stock.
Thank you so much for explaining that to us. Do yous have a rough estimate to more 30 series cards as I noticed yous sold a good few units this last 10 days so was wondering is there any sign of more coming or is the supply drying up again.

Soldato
I think we all need to be realistic about prices, those RRP prices are just fiction at the moment.

I think there is a balance between paying way over the odds sure, but people saying I'm not buying unless it's RRP simply won't be buying.

I think things are slowly improving, but unless bitcoin prices really crash it'll be a slow process as has been seen over the last 4 or so weeks where stock has been slowly more available although at high prices.

Soldato
problem is the crash is unlikely to come, yes ETH isnt that profitable atm, ETH 2.0 next yr will bring about change in gpu availability, but only if theres no other profitable mining coins then. by then the new gen from nvidia and amd will be anounced if not available

OcUK Staff
Thank you so much for explaining that to us. Do yous have a rough estimate to more 30 series cards as I noticed yous sold a good few units this last 10 days so was wondering is there any sign of more coming or is the supply drying up again.

Supply is thin, we sold good volume of cards recently and around 300 with voucher codes, but we had been stock piling cards up to allow us to sell them without over selling and to also do some voucher codes for loyal foum members.

Associate
OP
Supply is thin, we sold good volume of cards recently and around 300 with voucher codes, but we had been stock piling cards up to allow us to sell them without over selling and to also do some voucher codes for loyal foum members.
That's brilliant actually and a lot more than I thought. Great job on getting so many into the hands of gamers. Shame about the stock at the moment though. Hopefully can pick up again so yous can do more vouchers.

Associate
Thank you for being so open about all this. It makes a real difference hearing it from the horses mouth rather than all the rumours and finger pointing.

Associate
Anyone owning a 6700XT, how hot does it run on normal gaming episodes?
I meant to reply to this yesterday. Anyway, I have a factory overclocked 6700xt and on Assassin's Creed Valhalla, GPU temp seems to hover around 60 with junction temperature at up to 79. My case has decent ventilation but I haven't done anything special.

Associate
problem is the crash is unlikely to come, yes ETH isnt that profitable atm, ETH 2.0 next yr will bring about change in gpu availability, but only if theres no other profitable mining coins then. by then the new gen from nvidia and amd will be anounced if not available
This

Its always going to cycle around I think, we are stuck with this for the time being. It may die down in 2021/2 but I bet its back within 2 years of that with new gpu tech coming out and vram speed/amounts increasing

Soldato
i just bought a series s to play around with,i wanted a 6700xtor prefer a 6800, but have to play some games(withdrawl:D), my vega is mining for some pocket money plus the apu is pants for gaming so lesser of 2 evils, it will do for few months

Associate
i just bought a series s to play around with,i wanted a 6700xtor prefer a 6800, but have to play some games(withdrawl:D), my vega is mining for some pocket money plus the apu is pants for gaming so lesser of 2 evils, it will do for few months

I wonder if the long term effect of this period is that PC gaming will significantly diminish as people are pushed towards consoles. Compared to £700+ for just a card the XBox S/X look like good value for a complete system.

Soldato
I wonder if the long term effect of this period is that PC gaming will significantly diminish as people are pushed towards consoles. Compared to £700+ for just a card the XBox S/X look like good value for a complete system.
i was gaming at 1440p with 64 anyway with reduced settings on some games, the series s was 229(20 off) few months of fun, not losing a great deal as game pass ulimate is a quid for 3 months and 1440p, its the way it could go, i would never have dreamt going back to console, 20 plus yrs pc gaming, but gpu prices are insane, so can see why the ps5/series s/x are appealing

Associate

Not really record numbers are pc gaming

Worldwide

Have no interest in consoles myself

Back
Top Bottom