NO sound coming from my computer

Associate
I have NO sound coming from my computer at all, my Bluetooth headphones or from the speakers in the monitor, I have checked the drivers and did update (but there are none) I was thinking the sound card? But apparently it doesn't need one, the graphics should have its own as well as the motherboard??? Can someone suggest something, please? Thanks

Permabanned
Yea? ask the other 6?

Have you tried turning it off and back on again?
Have you got the speakers plugged in?
Have you checked the sound in control panel?
Have you uninstalled the driver and installed a new version?
Have you checked device management?
Have you plugged in any external devices like an external sound card to test?
Have you tried a new set of speakers?

Associate
OP
Worked ok last night up until I heard 2 beeps from my headphones, then thought they needed recharging (but it wasn't the usual sound) put the hones on charge (USB) then it all went dead, try and update all the drivers, did that, and looked for any problems in my devices and its all ok

Permabanned
Worked ok last night up until I heard 2 beeps from my headphones, then thought they needed recharging (but it wasn't the usual sound) put the hones on charge (USB) then it all went dead, try and update all the drivers, did that, and looked for any problems in my devices and its all ok

updating isn't good enough you might need to remove and re-install.

Man of Honour
If you updated the graphics driver it may have changed the sound source in the control panel. This happened to me yesterday for the first time in ages. I installed my new 3070 and updated to the latest clean version of the Nvidia driver only to have no sound. Looked in the sound control panel and the source had been switched from SPIDF-Out to HDMI on my monitor which has no speakers and was previously disabled. Disabled it again and switched back to SPIDF-Out and the sound is back.

Associate
OP
If you updated the graphics driver it may have changed the sound source in the control panel. This happened to me yesterday for the first time in ages. I installed my new 3070 and updated to the latest clean version of the Nvidia driver only to have no sound. Looked in the sound control panel and the source had been switched from SPIDF-Out to HDMI on my monitor which has no speakers and was previously disabled. Disabled it again and switched back to SPIDF-Out and the sound is back.
Sorry man, I dont know how to do that, I am very limited as to know how to go about things like that

Associate
Start > Settings > System > Sound. There's a setting right at the top of the page that lets you change the output device. You should be able to set it to either your headphones or the monitor speakers.

You can also check on that page to make sure that nothing is muted. Wouldn't be the first time I've spent time trying to figure out why I have no sound only to realise I've got it muted!

Soldato
As instructed above, set your output device to the desired one.

TIP: There's a quick way to do this on windows 10, left-click the sound icon in the taskbar and click the little up arrow in the top right to choose a different output device.

Associate
OP
OK I think I have sorted it out now (I think) I guess It's a Bluetooth problem, put my old headphones in, and they work fine, it recognises the dongle, but not the headset on the Logitech G HUB, I rang Amazon, and they are sending me a replacement set.... but I had to talk to someone from Logitech first, and they tried to say it was an Amazon purchase, and Amazon said no lol, anyway thanks for all the help guys

Back
Top Bottom