Apple TV Sub

Soldato
So I'm baffled, Got a free 3 month sub to Apple TV because i purchased a Roku device.

I thought great, Just looked on there and what a load of crap,90% of the content is to buy before you can watch it..so what exactly are people paying a subscription for? :cry:

Associate
There is an option somewhere to list the free stuff.
I got a year sub with a purchase but cancelled it early in case i forgot.
Pretty poor compared to Prime and Netflix.

Soldato
Big fan of AppleTV+. Obviously everyone’s likes will vary but I’ve watched a ton of content on it and after my free year is up at the end of this month, I will happily sub.

I have a QLED/Atmos setup so everything sounds fantastic with the service offering higher bitrates then the other streaming services.

For All Mankind, See and Ted Lasso are amongst the best shows on there. At first glance I too laughed at the selection but when I took the time to look around I found things of interest and was surprised by the quality.

Edit: I love Trying! Hate the stupid pretentious guitar riff during the intro though!

Soldato
Defending Jacob is well worth a watch as well
One thing I also like about these TV+ series is the actual quality of production. Both video and audio are some of the best I’ve seen for streaming.

Soldato
People tend to get Apple TV just for the cheap UHD movies. The Greyhound movie with Tom Hanks was not bad (free). I had a month free on it but content is very poor compared to others unless you pay for the content. Although couple of good sci-fi shows coming in Autumn so might have to subscribe to see those.

Soldato
It’s got some cracking shows on the service, some people don’t know what there on about on here, lol.

Ted Lasso
The Morning Show
For all Mankind
See
Mythic Quest
Servant
The Mosquito Coast

And many more, it’s got movies but not many as they are all apple original productions, so don’t release as often. If your subbing for movies then it’s not worth it at all, tv shows on the other hand it’s well worth it, I have the apple one sub so it’s bundled in.

Unsure about other devices and the Apple TV app, but on the ATV4K there is a Apple TV + tab that lists all content from apple that’s included in the sub.

Soldato
The banker is also pretty good. Our free trial has expired now and I cant justify the cost for the limited content but might rejoin in 6 months or so and binge the latest good stuff before cancelling again.

Back
Top Bottom