Legoland

Soldato
Hi all we are going as a family of four next month. I'm leaning towards the ultimate as even though its extortionate, it means I won't have to queue with the kids. I gather it doesn't cover all rides (our aim is to do the mythical one early before there's a queue). What's people's thought on the pass in general?

Caporegime
is legoland the one where they don't let solo adults in because the could be pedos...

even though it's probably these people buying all the lego.... (not pedos, but adults who often won't have kids)

it's like you grow up with lego, you keep buying it as an adult, but the company thinks your a pedo if you go legoland

Caporegime
I can't see anything on their website about not allowing solo adults in.
google it machester does not allow people w/out kids

I remember articles in the papers years about legoland windsor.

manchester says
Therefore, in order to constantly maintain a quality experience in which to play, LEGOLAND Discovery Centres around the world do not permit entry to any groups of adults, single adult and adult couples, who are not accompanied by a young child or children during standard hours.

Caporegime
google it machester does not allow people w/out kids

I remember articles in the papers years about legoland windsor.

manchester says

Those are the indoor arenas designed for families and small kids, not the actual parks.

It's like excluding adults from a ball pit

I'd be worried if you wanted to do this:

duplo-farm-1.jpg

Caporegime
Those are the indoor arenas designed for families and small kids, not the actual parks.

It's like excluding adults from a ball pit
people have been excluded from the parks though, I remember articles about it in the papers

seems you get banned if your an adult with the mental age of a child too
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/legoland-bans-disabled-men-mental-age-children-park-because-protection-policy-10002019.html

does legoland really think there's much difference between a 17year old "child" and an adult" anyway

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
We've gone for the middle option of reserve a ride. We (as in just me and the mrs) went to legoland probably 10 years ago and there were no issues. We would have been early 20s and had no issues.

Soldato
We've gone for the middle option of reserve a ride. We (as in just me and the mrs) went to legoland probably 10 years ago and there were no issues. We would have been early 20s and had no issues.

Did the same thing a couple of years ago. Mini-world or whatever it was called has aged a hell of a lot, but as you say, had no issue going with the gf

Man of Honour
I can't bring myself to buy those passes, one because I resent the cost (more than the cost of tickets themselves) and two because I don't really like the idea of my kids thinking you can be billy bigshot waltzing past the queues showing how important you are compared to the plebs.
That said there have been times where I've been stood in queues for over an hour with an antsy child wondering why we've bothered. Summer holidays it will be very busy.

Reserve and Ride regular is maybe worth it I guess, I'm not too fussed about long wait times if we don't have to physically wait in line, just do something else in the meantime.
The Ultimate thing for £90pp though, I mean for a family of four that's £360 on top of your entry tickets, so perhaps £500 for a day a legoland just seems exorbitant to me.

Rainy days are actually a really good time to go to Legoland/Chessington because by the early/mid afternoon a lot of families decide to pack it in and you can walk straight onto some rides and much smaller queues on the bigger rides.

One thing to keep an eye out for is reduced capacity on rides which will increase queue times, e.g. the fire engines sometimes they only have 1 side open (so half the throughput), similarly with Squid Surfer they had some disabled once. The good news I assume with lockdown ending there will less restrictions on social distancing meaning less wasted space on rides.

Soldato
OP
I can't bring myself to buy those passes, one because I resent the cost (more than the cost of tickets themselves) and two because I don't really like the idea of my kids thinking you can be billy bigshot waltzing past the queues showing how important you are compared to the plebs.
That said there have been times where I've been stood in queues for over an hour with an antsy child wondering why we've bothered. Summer holidays it will be very busy.

Reserve and Ride regular is maybe worth it I guess, I'm not too fussed about long wait times if we don't have to physically wait in line, just do something else in the meantime.
The Ultimate thing for £90pp though, I mean for a family of four that's £360 on top of your entry tickets, so perhaps £500 for a day a legoland just seems exorbitant to me.

Rainy days are actually a really good time to go to Legoland/Chessington because by the early/mid afternoon a lot of families decide to pack it in and you can walk straight onto some rides and much smaller queues on the bigger rides.

One thing to keep an eye out for is reduced capacity on rides which will increase queue times, e.g. the fire engines sometimes they only have 1 side open (so half the throughput), similarly with Squid Surfer they had some disabled once. The good news I assume with lockdown ending there will less restrictions on social distancing meaning less wasted space on rides.
Tbh its not completely queue jumping, looks as though you join a virtual queue, but you can only queue in one at a time (even on the top one). I don't mind joining halfway through the queue (which is what the middle one allows). It is exorbitant though, but I guess that's how it works, if it was too cheap there'd be loads of people doing it.

Soldato
Mythica is usually a 1hr+ queue before the park even opens, the hotel guests join the queue first. I've heard the best time is to join the queue for that is a few minutes before the park closes. Reserve a ride is great if you can afford it, wouldn't bother with the experience as that's ways been excellent for us.

Soldato
When we went, we got the "Express" (when it was still QBOT). We had Merlin passes at the time, so if I remember correctly we got a discount on them. I would say it's worth doing if it's a one-off visit, since although it costs a bit more, you'll be maximising the value of your entry fee.

However, we weren't impressed with Legoland in general, and even as massive Lego fans, I doubt we would go again. All the rides seemed very dirty and "tired", and there wasn't really anything that stuck out to us as "yeah, that was really awesome". We went to Thorpe Park the next day, and we all enjoyed that a lot more (even our boy who was 6 at the time).

Glad we paid for the QBots so we could go on more of the rides, but if our entry wasn't free in the first place then I think we would have been very disappointed.

Back
Top Bottom