Looking for Advice about buying a people carrier type car

Associate
Hi guys,
Was hoping the forum might help me with this question.
I used to drive a Ford S max automatic diesel (best car i ever owned) -has 260000 miles on clock and no worries at all but Birmingham council now say as its a diesel Ive got to pay £8 every time i visit the city Centre and realistically it has to go.
The question is (as ive had this car a long time) can the forum suggest a different make or model for the needs i Have.
I want a car that will do 30000 miles a year with little hassle,must be petrol and automatic.
I need a lot of space in the back for work equipment -it will only ever carry three people including the driver.
I want to spend about £10000 or so-any thoughts

Soldato
It's very dependent on the models and how much of the boot height you can actually use (this is where an mpv will typically offer more in my experience).

My memory of an S Max is that they're huge in terms of boot space, especially with the seats down. More so than a Mondeo estate but it's been a while since I actually looked in one. My focus estate has a broadly similar amount of space in the boot as a cmax (despite what the official capacity states) if you're filling to near ceiling height with a dog guard in place, but things will be stacked higher in the Mpv

Associate
One real option really - Sharan/Alhambra petrol auto. Huge boot and the sliding side doors make for really easy maneuvering of loads in and out. Much larger than estate car if ultimate load capacity is needed. Have been around for a long time now so there is a huge variety of prices from well used to band new.

Perhaps another option might be Ford Galaxy but they don't have the same 'squareness' in terms of practicality. No sliding doors, for example.

Back
Top Bottom