Volvo V50 2010 D2 Manual

Soldato
Is there anything I need to look out for with one of these.I'm thinking of trading in my Focus Titaniumx 2014 with a bit of money my way, for something with a bit more room and a bit more reliability, I've had a few issues since I bought it a year ago.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
V50 is based on a Focus and isn’t all that roomy inside. Boot isn’t particularly big either.

1.6 diesels weren’t great allegedly but I don’t have any first-hand experience with Volvo diesels of that era.

Doesn’t seem much of an upgrade from a Focus, unless yours is a Mk1?

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Nice interior, but as already said, it uses a lot of Ford components, so you're unlikely to see much of an improvement in reliability.
I tried one a number of years ago. Really didn't rate the ride quality, which rather surprised me, being a Volvo.

Soldato
As above these are basically the same car as a previous generation focus to yours underneath so won't offer any meaningful space increase.

If you want a little bit more space find a v70, they wear miles particularly well with the right engine too

Caporegime
It makes no sense to swap for a Ford based Volvo if you want "Volvo reliability" , I found changing my Mk3 Focus estate for my V70 D5 was a great move, its bigger, if anything better on fuel and has far better performance and thus far has been pretty much faultless.

The P2 V70 is from a time when Volvo made Volvo's, without Ford accountants spoiling the brew, and it shows, to quote Wiki "Critical aspects of the design for the second generation were completed before Ford acquired Volvo in 1999" which is telling.

Associate
I had a V50 as a stop gap for a while. It was OK, but as others have said, it will offer you nothing over your current Focus. They are no bigger. Low spec models are REALLY low spec, and the 1.6D is slow. Only thing in their favour was they felt better screwed togther inside than the Focus. Not a swap I would make.

Soldato
OP
Just a few things going wrong and after the other thread where the reliability comes into question, and then asking around it has got me thinking. I always do this though, maybe I should concentrate on fixing what is wrong with mine as they seem to be a decent car.

Back
Top Bottom