Path of Exile(diablo clone)

Associate
Another league I'll be skipping. Ditched the last one without even finishing acts and blitzed my way to 36 challenges in under two weeks in the one before that before dropping it

I don't think I actually enjoy new leagues anymore. I'm only interested in major expansions

Associate
Not had much time to play so I'm still only at Act 6, so far the changes have felt pretty decent. Act 1 was certainly a bit tougher but beyond that it's feels like it's mainly the bosses and unique enemies that are more of a threat. The main thing I have felt is mana cost increase, that's been consistent so far. Obviously early days yet and maps are a different story so things could go south pretty quickly.

As for the league mechanic, I'm actually enjoying it more than I thought I would, it feels pretty rewarding so far, especially haggling with the currency trader. Only small niggles so far are that I wish you could detonate from anywhere rather than running back, plus it feels a little bit janky on occasion in the indoor areas where you have to land on the patches of ground.

I've gone Hexblast ignite for my starter, frustratingly though Hexblast is bugged at the moment as the skill animation/particle effects and sound are missing. Feels very wonky as there's no feedback to you actually landing a hit. The Skin of the loyal chest I should be targeting is also bugged as none of them are rolling with blue sockets anymore, It's probably going to make them very expensive when it gets fixed.

Soldato
But then you miss posts like this
Excellent :D And pretty much my feeling.

I like the league so far, some of the bosses in the first act and subsequent which have had a HP boost, or may just be my damage, could be a little tedious but on the whole it’s alright. Though I’ve not had a chance to get to maps yet and maybe I’ll be one shot consistently there…

Associate
So is anyone playing the league?
It's just my 2nd league now, 3.13 now 3.15. Actually really enjoying the campaign just in SSFSC, died quite a few times but doesn't really matter in SC. Trying Enki's Archmage Hierophant which has been fine for campaign but I'm a bit slow and over-levelled (noob). I think it'll hit a wall with maps having a look at some of the streamers and comments

played every league since 2012.
quit this one today.
its horrible

Soldato
yeah I liked the early campaign difficulty. 3.13 the campaign was basically zero threat. Just up to Act 8 now so hopefully some of the mana and flask changes happen before getting in to maps.
The league mechanic is pretty fun, gotta think a bit to get the best rewards

Soldato
Not really interested in this league. Reddit has become a cesspool of whinging over the changes to slow the game down, tbh it's been like that since Harvest nerfs!

Yeah that's reddit for most games now, just an echo chamber from a few prolific posters. One of the videos was talking about it. POE reddit has over 1m subs but only a couple hundred actually post. The same stuff is just reposted constantly

Soldato
Unsure if its changes or my build sucks. Clearing everything fine just slower/things seem tougher. Possibly both. :p

yeah I'm not an expert, but from reading about it. They lowered damage output (support gems), lowered the effectiveness of flasks and also made enemies more dangerous.
The streamers who just ran up to Hillock and expected to beat him to death without moving... pretty funny

Associate
Got to maps and promptly went back to Blood Aqueducts to grind/farm. I'm not on decent gear at the moment and know that my build has been gimped somewhat with the changes, couldn't even clear a Blue Tier 1 map without being instantly melted in places, plus my boss damage is pitiful.

Looks like it's going to get very rough for me from this point on :D

Soldato
Got to maps and promptly went back to Blood Aqueducts to grind/farm. I'm not on decent gear at the moment and know that my build has been gimped somewhat with the changes, couldn't even clear a Blue Tier 1 map without being instantly melted in places, plus my boss damage is pitiful.

Looks like it's going to get very rough for me from this point on :D

aha, similar. Just hit first map and died 4 times to clear it. The build guide I was following has been updated saying not suitable for SFF now. Pretty sure I can make it work for early maps to then feed items to a new char

Soldato
I was wary of the changes this league after seeing all the malding on reddit, but honestly this is probably one of the best leagues I've played for ages - both in terms of the changes they've done to gems, and also the league's mechanic.

Associate
I got to act 4 level 40 with ball lighting mine build this league, doesn't seem much different apart from act 1 which even then wasn't hard, will continue to see how far I can get, normally hit a wall around level 90 as usual.

Soldato
No idea why but they're clearly deliberately killing their game; there's no other way to explain how a game that has been so thoughtfully and well managed throughout its many years of life is now just getting gutted patch after patch. I guess as a result of the tencent buyout they now completely lost motivation to keep going and would rather burn it to the ground & retire. Pulling a SWG of sorts.

That's also the sad part about these online-only experiences, you can't go back to a better patch if you want to. If we had 3.13 servers available I bet you the current game would be even more deserted than it already is. Ah well, c'est la vie.

Back
Top Bottom