Path of Exile(diablo clone)

Soldato
The game isn't dead far from it, it's also actually pretty good, prefer this league over the last one.

As for stability/performance, so far this launch has been pretty much flawless, certainly the best launch I can remember and I've been playing since the closed beta.

Soldato
No idea why but they're clearly deliberately killing their game; there's no other way to explain how a game that has been so thoughtfully and well managed throughout its many years of life is now just getting gutted patch after patch. I guess as a result of the tencent buyout they now completely lost motivation to keep going and would rather burn it to the ground & retire. Pulling a SWG of sorts.

That's also the sad part about these online-only experiences, you can't go back to a better patch if you want to. If we had 3.13 servers available I bet you the current game would be even more deserted than it already is. Ah well, c'est la vie.
From what I read it's all part of preparing the players for how POE2 will play. Its extremely poor effort so far all the monsters need to be reworked with challenging and interesting behavior and not just turn them into damage sponges with some lazy number tweaking.

Soldato
From what I read it's all part of preparing the players for how POE2 will play. Its extremely poor effort so far all the monsters need to be reworked with challenging and interesting behavior and not just turn them into damage sponges with some lazy number tweaking.

Don't hold me to this but I believe Chris was saying that they will slowly introduce systems into PoE leading up to PoE 2 that they may or may not put into the game. This will give them a chance to try out new things.

Personally I'm waiting on PoE 2 since as a relatively inexperienced player I find PoE to be too long to complete each league and get 36/40

Associate
No idea why but they're clearly deliberately killing their game; there's no other way to explain how a game that has been so thoughtfully and well managed throughout its many years of life is now just getting gutted patch after patch. I guess as a result of the tencent buyout they now completely lost motivation to keep going and would rather burn it to the ground & retire. Pulling a SWG of sorts.

That's also the sad part about these online-only experiences, you can't go back to a better patch if you want to. If we had 3.13 servers available I bet you the current game would be even more deserted than it already is. Ah well, c'est la vie.

This sounds like a boo hoo they have reduced player power?

This was always on the cards with POE2 on the way, they cannot keep player power the way it is, makes the game far to easy and puts a rince and repeat tactic take hold.

I have enjoyed this league so far and can't wait to see new changes come in over new few months

Soldato

Think you've been reading a bit too much on reddit or something. It's the usual "the world is falling on our head" stuff where the league isn't exactly like what the bulk posters want and the community turns a bit toxic

2nd char up to Act 9, just following an SST build. It's really nice to play, smooth levelling and very tanky compared to the arc char. Will get in to maps and decide on which to push forward

Soldato
Think you've been reading a bit too much on reddit or something. It's the usual "the world is falling on our head" stuff where the league isn't exactly like what the bulk posters want and the community turns a bit toxic

2nd char up to Act 9, just following an SST build. It's really nice to play, smooth levelling and very tanky compared to the arc char. Will get in to maps and decide on which to push forward

Nah, I don't give reddit much credence in general, it's a community (for all subreddits) that I know well so I don't take things too seriously. This is my own take on it as a player who's been playing PoE since it used to look like Runescape. Even before the last 2 leagues PoE had its own very definite weaknesses around playstyles, QoL, performance, etc. but all of which were tolerable because of how good it was in general as well as just how excellent the specific ways of playing it were. So even tho so much of it was path of projectiles & break your wrists & grind stupidly, there was also a lot of fun to be had, particularly with some experimentation & out of the box thinking. Lately though, and it's honestly been obvious with the newest PoE2 footage as well, things have simply gone on a downward spiral based on very flawed reasoning and analysis by its own main devs, which have laid bare all these weaknesses but also destroyed hope for the radical improvements required and mostly killed the aforementioned fun.

That's why I'm not really bothered to "fight" it, I just don't engage. I've seen plenty of games go down the drain in a similar manner so I'm nonplussed possibly seeing it again here. It's just too bad it's happening to this game too, it was something quite special.

Permabanned
Game seems fine to me. Pretty much same as always.

So anyway, my storm rain build sucked balls, was ok for levelling but woeful in maps. Switched it around a bit to use Elemental Hit and is ridiculously better.

Soldato
yeah still really enjoying it. SST build is doing well and taking me in to yellow maps for the first time, I didn't get this far in the first league I did. Man getting gear in SSF has been a learning experience (in a good way).

Found this unique which is like a fake 6 link. I can't really replace it until I get a really good helmet and 6 link chest or will lose loads of damage
https://pathofexile.fandom.com/wiki/The_Bringer_of_Rain

D3K

D3K

Soldato
I got to maps after my longest campaign since I was a noob (12 hours), and almost immediately hit a brick wall with map drops.

I had a SINGLE map drop that wasn't one of the 4 starters, and that was it. I burned down to 1 map left (one of the starters) and twice in a row I had nothing but the map I was playing drop a copy of itself.

I've been here before with map rng - many people think its a myth and that I'm just not playing properly.. fast enough.. juiced enough - but it's very real.

And that was my league. I'm not saying it was aliens, but it was aliens (where aliens = me not buying any mtx for 3 leagues).

Associate
yeah still really enjoying it. SST build is doing well and taking me in to yellow maps for the first time, I didn't get this far in the first league I did. Man getting gear in SSF has been a learning experience (in a good way).

Found this unique which is like a fake 6 link. I can't really replace it until I get a really good helmet and 6 link chest or will lose loads of damage
https://pathofexile.fandom.com/wiki/The_Bringer_of_Rain

just making sure, you know the melee physical won't work on SST as it's not classed as melee attack. :o
you'll only make use of the faster attacks and blind.

Permabanned
I got to maps after my longest campaign since I was a noob (12 hours), and almost immediately hit a brick wall with map drops.

I had a SINGLE map drop that wasn't one of the 4 starters, and that was it. I burned down to 1 map left (one of the starters) and twice in a row I had nothing but the map I was playing drop a copy of itself.

I've been here before with map rng - many people think its a myth and that I'm just not playing properly.. fast enough.. juiced enough - but it's very real.

And that was my league. I'm not saying it was aliens, but it was aliens (where aliens = me not buying any mtx for 3 leagues).

Happens to me every league I play at some point! Currently I am struggling to get any red maps.....

Soldato
just making sure, you know the melee physical won't work on SST as it's not classed as melee attack. :o
you'll only make use of the faster attacks and blind.

Yeah I was using the tooltip damage with that helmet, so getting larger initial hits but way lower bleed. Managed to get a tabula and sort out the build though and it's up to 500k in POB and seems to clear early red maps with no issues.
Defence is a bit scuffed, 5.1k hp, good blocks but chaos is low atm. Still need a proper 6 link to drop to fix it I think

Associate
Yeah I was using the tooltip damage with that helmet, so getting larger initial hits but way lower bleed. Managed to get a tabula and sort out the build though and it's up to 500k in POB and seems to clear early red maps with no issues.
Defence is a bit scuffed, 5.1k hp, good blocks but chaos is low atm. Still need a proper 6 link to drop to fix it I think
Easiest fix for chaos res is a small cluster jewel

Associate
I seem to have hit the RNG wall at T5>T6 maps, just not dropping any at the moment, the ones that have I've ended up juiced up to the eyeballs and had zero returns. Half tempted to just buy a couple watchstones to raise my level that way and invest in some cheaper T6-T10 maps to try and kickstart things. Feels really odd, never just hit a blocker like that before.

Build wise, it's alright, nothing special, I just really can't be bothered to level another character at the moment. I'm playing a Hexblast Ignite Inquisitor, the clear can be good and it actually feels pretty nice on the league mechanic with all the ignite proliferation going on. The damage is ok for the time being at about 300k ignite DPS when I proc the loaded curse. I've still got the cluster jewels, regular jewels, watcher's eye and small gear improvements to make so there's potential to get it up towards a million ignite DPS I think.

Defensively again it's decent, plenty of regen, armour and block chance with more upgrades to come through the unique maven helm and magic ring combos. It just feels a little gimped on the ailment side now that they've nerfed Inquisitor's ailment immunity whilst on consecrated ground, it seems overdone given didn't even replace it with anything. Some of the cast when damage taken mana cost was giving me issues as well, if they hadn't have rolled back the mana multipliers for support gems a little the other week I would have been in real trouble.

I've only seen a handful of people show up on the ladder playing this since launch, currently there are 0 beyond level 90 which should give me an indication of how the nerfs hit this :D

Soldato
Last edited:
Permabanned
Damn, been cruising, smashing through T11-13 maps.........now getting smashed on T15/16/some of the special maps/bosses :cry:

Gonna take a lot more farming and/or trading to get better gear.......not sure is feasible...

Permabanned
Few tweaks and taking it easy managed to hit 92 with a bit of a grind. Bloody first go at Sirus went badly though, very easy until last phase then kept getting one shot. :mad: Tactics probably a touch wrong as never played a bow build before.

Soldato
god I'm on my 4th char up to maps now. Seem to really like the levelling experience right now. Latest was a raider caustic arrow, levelling was great, running around with +100% movement speed

Back
Top Bottom