Grohe 1000 chrome shower mixer bar anyone ?

Soldato
My mixer bar is now 11 yrs old and getting a bit stiff to turn on so going to replace it with another Grohe for simple reason it will just screw on. - Wall fitted.
So has anyone got the above mixer bar and if so what is your impression.
I think most mixers will fit the 150mm centres so could consider another make.

Soldato
I’ve got 2 Grotherm 1000 bars in the en suites, both are used daily and are about 3 years old now.

They were fitted in a new build so I didn’t choose them as such, but they’re fine - decent flow from an unvented cylinder and the thermostatic function responds quickly without significantly affecting the flow. They still look like new after a wipe down with Flash and they feel well made. All our taps are Grohe and they seem to be decent items too.

Associate
Yes. -- Did it once and can't be assed to do it again. Age -eyes and fingers are a problem.:)

Ah! I see!
Only mentioned it as I thought ours was buggered as it had a leak and was very stiff to turn but a quick removal of the part and clean and tightening sorted it. Was all gunged up with crud and limescale.

Soldato
OP
Fitted a new Grohe 1000 the other day - not sure we like the rounded ends as against the old one being flat ended but I am sure we will get used to it -Also it doesn't get so hot as the old one - I think it needs setting a few more degrees hotter before safety cut's in - think it's a max temp of 44c -
I am going to take the old one apart just for the hell of it and then try and put it together again. :) It polishes up as new all except a few scratches.

Soldato
OP
The Grohe is preset at 38c but you can press button to over ride to 44c and that isn't red hot. It does have instructions on how to change the stop 38c point and set it higher but I can't be bothered now it's on the wall.

Associate
I had one of these on my bath before the whole lot was removed during a full bathroom renovation. It's an excellent mixer. Used it for 3+ years. Excellent performance. No issues. In fact, I've still got it wrapped up in the garage in case I ever need it again.

Back
Top Bottom