• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OcUK RX6600XT review thread

Soldato
Yeah as you put it the performance isnt that naff for certain uses, in a SFF case very handy, media server etc.

Bring back the Nano! :cool:

9e3v8fqpk1521.jpg

Soldato
You have heard of the company called Digital River? They have the exclusive contract for distributing AMD parts. So now that is established, so pester the **** out of Digital River and stop blaming AMD. Its almost as if your name should be CAT-THE-SHILL
Company Summary
Company Name: Digital River Ireland Limited
Company Address: 3rd Floor, Kilmore House, Park Lane, Spencer Dock, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

You do realise curstoms duty will be added if they sell to UK as we are out of the EU now. So again even if AMD used Digital River they are based in the EU Ireland and we are not and means we will never see an MSRP AMD product from Digital River in UK.

People to blame are the Brexit people and this Government first (are you seeing the mess Brexit is causing ?, the silly price increases & shortages of everything now, even food..). Then AMD for not finding a company in UK to do it as Nvidia did. There is no shilling here and reality is AMD didn't care to do so, so why protect them? Then look at the silly pricing for their cards on the market that are not sold threw them.

Soldato
People seem to be comparing AMD AIB pricing with Nvidia FE and wondering why AMD are so expensive this generation.

AMD hasn't suddenly become a rip off GPU maker. Don't you realise there's been a shortage of GPU'S all year so of course they're expensive.

If there's no shortage next gen then there won't be a pricing issue next gen

People don't seem to get it still :rolleyes:

Soldato
OP
I wanted to get an RX6700XT over an RTX3060TI,but not only was the RRP disappointing ,you couldn't even find one near RRP. Literally everyone I knew who wanted an AMD GPU this year,either held off,bought an Nvidia one at close to RRP(or at RRP) or paid beyond the odds for an AMD GPU. The RRPs of these GPUs are already bad enough,and the fact is that sadly in 2021,in the UK,its much easier to find an Nvidia GPU closer to RRP,especially after launch.Even last year you could get AIB pre-overclocked RTX3060TI models as late as December for around £40~£50 above the FE price. Even in the last few weeks,you had the OcUK deals - seen an AIB RTX3060 elsewhere for £310,a few days ago an aftermarket RTX3070TI for the same price as an FE at a well known retailer,etc.

Want to buy a prebuilt desktop or laptop,and again its much easier to find an RTX3060,etc even in sub £1000 systems. If you want to go lower,you can still find GTX1050TI/GTX1650/GTX1660/RTX2060 laptops and desktops at OK prices. I have seen laptops with RTX2060 GPUs for under £800 with a 6C CPU. Most Zen3 based laptops have Nvidia dGPUs.

A lot of enthusiasts here don't look at the prebuilt systems - its been far easier to get a range of Nvidia dGPUs in those over the last few months at many well known retailers.

Blame Brexit,Covid,TSMC,GF,Magic Unicorns,etc the reality is any AMD dGPU in the UK be it in a prebuilt system,let alone retail is harder to find especially at reasonable prices. Both AMD and Nvidia are affected by the same supply constraints,container costs,etc - AMD pushed more of its supply to meet XBox/PS5/Steam Deck volume. Nearly 20 million 250~400MM2 console SOCs is a ton of wafers. The reality is dGPU production is probably way down the list of priorities for AMD. CPUs themselves are just more profitable,and Sony/MS/Valve have managed to lock them into ironclad volume for their products.

Last edited:
Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
But how do you know how much the 6700XT was 'meant' to be??? It's price was set during GPU crises when prices are high.
The 6800 was set when prices were low.

This one is pretty simple. You almost answered it in your own detail. If the 6800 (check on AMD site) is RRP £500, and yes they do come in stock as I see the part alerts flash up, then that is the price same goes for the nvidia FE. Hard to snag but it is what it is. Then how can the product lower in the stack, gimped features in comparison be worth more than the 6800? Again on the AMD site its £414.

AMD knew how much things were costing a long time ago and have supply streams constant for all their divisions. They also know what product will be eating up the components (consoles) in advance. OK the price of materials has gone up, but in that case then the price of the 6800 goes up aswell.

That's the whole purpose of the Recommended Retail Price (or MSRP/list price - same thing). If you want to pay more than that at shop X then fill your boots nobody is stopping you! We just know the real price they should be near is what was set already.

When you go to the petrol station, BP are wanting say £1.30p a litre yet over the road ASDA are selling the same product for £1.11p its your choice which one you transact with. You dont just roll over and die fill up at the BP station and the clerk says "its price was set during the crises". Over time you digest how much petrol should be, and you accept its not fixed everywhere, but you do your best to get it as cheap as you can because spread over the year it makes a big difference.

Soldato
OP
When you go to the petrol station, BP are wanting say £1.30p a litre yet over the road ASDA are selling the same product for £1.11p its your choice which one you transact with. You dont just roll over and die fill up at the BP station and the clerk says "its price was set during the crises". Over time you digest how much petrol should be, and you accept its not fixed everywhere, but you do your best to get it as cheap as you can because spread over the year it makes a big difference.

BP just needs to advertise RGB gamers petrol and they can charge £5.20 a litre,and next year gamers will demand it goes up by £2,but drops its octane rating by 20.

:D

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
BP just needs to advertise RGB gamers petrol and they can charge £5.20 a litre,and next year gamers will demand it goes up by £2,but drops its octane rating by 20.

:D

:cry:

AMD are not evil, but just as I did last year with nvidia you have to dissect whats in front of you. This time AMD has missed that own goal in front of them and that muppet on twitter saying there will be plenty of stock goading nvidia should have been pumped for it. Then he went on to share he bought one, you couldn't make it up. The final nail in the coffin was being more expensive than nvidia, an unthinkable move if you go back to last summer where we were praying big navi was going to get close to ampere.

Soldato
OP
:cry:

AMD are not evil, but just as I did last year with nvidia you have to dissect whats in front of you. This time AMD has missed that own goal in front of them and that muppet on twitter saying there will be plenty of stock goading nvidia should have been pumped for it. Then he went on to share he bought one, you couldn't make it up. The final nail in the coffin was being more expensive than nvidia, an unthinkable move if you go back to last summer where we were praying big navi was going to get close to ampere.

I suspected AMD might make this move once they beat or got close to the competition. The whole "we don't want to be perceived as a budget brand" comment,was just telegraphing where AMD was going to go. Remember how AMD was quite happy to be the value brand,etc until the Athlon 64 launched,and ironically it needed Intel to become the value champion(they must have hated that one!) with the Core2 to bring things back to normal. The worse than Intel Zen3 pricing was just the start.

All I can say is that MS/Sony/Valve must have some excellent lawyers to ensure so much 7NM supply. Also,IMHO,AMD didn't have enough faith in its own products,and ended up giving away crucial volume to these products instead of their own CPUs/GPUs,ie,they thought the constant income of the consoles was more of a sure financial bet.

Soldato
I watched a few reviews of this card.
I don't know why I'm always surprised at seeing graphics card performance stagnating, but is this really the best AMD could do?
Will be interesting to see what the market looks like next year (if the world hasn't exploded and the survivors aren't too busy being Mad Max, as per other's thoughts in the GPU pricing thread... :D ).

Soldato
Company Summary
Company Name: Digital River Ireland Limited
Company Address: 3rd Floor, Kilmore House, Park Lane, Spencer Dock, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

People to blame are the Brexit people and this Government first (are you seeing the mess Brexit is causing ?, the silly price increases & shortages of everything now, even food..). Then AMD for not finding a company in UK to do it as Nvidia did. There is no shilling here and reality is AMD didn't care to do so, so why protect them? Then look at the silly pricing for their cards on the market that are not sold threw them.
yawn:p

Soldato
What is quite funny though is that the 5700XT came out in July 2019, but yet it's faster than the 6600XT in most games and has a higher hash rate at 55m/h. At the time i didn't think i made the right decision buying the GPU last year just prior to the Nvidia Launch. Now seeing prices and one of the best GPU mining hardware at the moment this is definitely a gem. It definitely feels that the era of Mid Range GPU's have gone until scalpers settle but this could be for some time. i am waiting to see what the 4 Series Nvidia cards will bring and whether AMD ray tracing hardware improves.

Soldato
You have heard of the company called Digital River? They have the exclusive contract for distributing AMD parts. So now that is established, so pester the **** out of Digital River and stop blaming AMD. Its almost as if your name should be CAT-THE-SHILL

Did AMD get into contract with them before Brexit hit ? cant get out of it or find another ? or did Nvidia just get lucky they could do drops for UK ? I was willing to give AMD a chance but couldnt and refuse to pay current AIB prices One thing I would credit Nvidia is that I managed to get 3080 FE and at MSRP

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom