• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OcUK RX6600XT review thread

Caporegime
All caught up now. :)

If I was to make a purchase then I think I'd go for the Powercolor. Not sure whether to keep holding out. Might be worth it as an interim upgrade.

Looks like they've already gone. :eek:

Soldato
Someone obviously selected the wrong price, I noticed a few at £329, then the price went blank very quickly afterwards, and atm they're still showing blank.

Considering the price of the Zotac 3060ti at £439, why would anyone go for a mid priced 6600xt?

OcUK Staff
Hi there

We did, well Briony did some internal testing on the card here at OcUK, AMD have marketed this card as 1080P hardcore gamer, but in our testing its actually a fine 1440P card also. :)

Associate
Someone obviously selected the wrong price, I noticed a few at £329, then the price went blank very quickly afterwards, and atm they're still showing blank.

Considering the price of the Zotac 3060ti at £439, why would anyone go for a mid priced 6600xt?
It was a limited number at a discounted launch price.

Absolutely agree about the 3060Ti price.

OcUK Staff

The £329 cards sold out instantly I am afraid, only very small amounts of stock were supported by some AIB's, Asus supported the largest quantity.

OcUK Staff
Really embarrassing price/performance, but you can't really blame them for cashing in on this market.

Can't see how, were still in stock on £375 cards. :)

But even the Asus Strix cards are selling well, so demand for these new cards is very strong indeed.
I do hope the AIB's don't all increase prices further tomorrow, be a shame.

Soldato
Hopefully gamers. If scalpers, hopefully the stock is plentiful and this was a waste of their time and money :p

Polaris forever! :D

E: £650 on the auction site already :rolleyes:

But really who is going to pay £650? They are obviously just testing the waters.

OcUK Staff
But really who is going to pay £650? They are obviously just testing the waters.

No one, not whilst we still have several cards in stock at half that. :)

Plus I have more stock incoming this week and next week so stocks on these is pretty strong, which will hopefully kill the scalping market off, the problem will be if the AIB's tomorrow all stick an extra $50-100 on the price just because they can.......

Caporegime
image.png

Man of Honour
I seriously thought about it, but £375+ for a midrange card.., it's just a crazy market. Fortunately for AMD hardly nobody cares, so they'll be all gone shortly :cry:

Associate
Can't see how, were still in stock on £375 cards. :)

But even the Asus Strix cards are selling well, so demand for these new cards is very strong indeed.
I do hope the AIB's don't all increase prices further tomorrow, be a shame.
I was talking about AMD not overclockers :D. Would have been around £200-£250 for that performance in a normal market.

Soldato
I was looking forward to these, and would have liked one at some of the prices we’ve even today at 375-400 if it had warranted it.

But there’s too many negatives, the choice not to support pcie 4.0 x16 (wtf), the poor memory bandwidth, and it’s general overall performance. It’s still OK, but only within a certain remit. When it gets pushed out of that it gets hurt bad.

Back
Top Bottom