Best simple car wax?

Associate
What are you after high gloss? Or lasting protection? Or even the middle ground. Also how much you want to spend?
My favourite wax at the minute is wax planet’s white noise, easily applied and buffed off leaves the paint work with a nice shinny wet look. Gives about 3 months, worth of protection.
I also use Fuso coat over the winter months one of the better ones for longer protection, it is not the best for gloss but that is the pay off for the level of protection.
Some of the new turtle wax, waxes are suppose to be good and have heard very good things about double speed wax.

Soldato
OP
More options than I was expecting, thank you everyone

I'm looking for some protection, but more a deep gloss finish. Budget? I guess up to £25

Soldato
More options than I was expecting, thank you everyone

I'm looking for some protection, but more a deep gloss finish. Budget? I guess up to £25

that is one issue with wax that is very easy to use and easy to wipe off, it usually suffers in other areas like protection, how long it lasts and how well it holds up to car washing.

Soldato
Well this was an inconclusive thread :D

I'd get some micro fibre pads, some AutoGlym Ultra Deep Shine, and then some AquaWax for every subsequent wash. Least faff of all the options so far IMO.

Soldato
Colinite 476s will easily last 6 months. Colinite 476s is to wax what water is to quench your thirst. No nonsense and does the job.

that is tough to wipe off in my experience but i may have been leaving it on too long yes lasts ages and ages.
i way prefer the jelly like version of that called collinite 845 because i found it easier to use and still half decent.

i switched to sealents though, i must have 10+ types of sealent and hybrids.

Soldato
Colinite 476s will easily last 6 months. Colinite 476s is to wax what water is to quench your thirst. No nonsense and does the job.

Added bonus, its a physical workout to remove. Dare you to do the wax the whole car before buffing, rather than working on a panel at a time. You'll have arms like Popeye in no time.

Permabanned
Added bonus, its a physical workout to remove. Dare you to do the wax the whole car before buffing, rather than working on a panel at a time. You'll have arms like Popeye in no time.
Not true unless you have done something wrong and applied too much.

I use a moist foam on pad and have done for years easy on, easy off. Twice a year no faff just good product that does what’s it’s supposed too.

Soldato
I did that once. Ended up buffing it off with a DA.

This is why I am now sold on spray ceramic sealants. 476S is good, but the application process was a faff. There was an extremely fine line between the right amount applied and the right cure time, and it becoming an absolute ballache to remove. It annoyed me.

Soldato
that is tough to wipe off in my experience but i may have been leaving it on too long yes lasts ages and ages.
i way prefer the jelly like version of that called collinite 845 because i found it easier to use and still half decent.

i switched to sealents though, i must have 10+ types of sealent and hybrids.

I use Colinite 845 which is a liquid -easy on easy off - My Focus is also black and it shines up really well -Took it to garage for service and told them not to wash it but a lad did hose it down and couldn't believe how the water beaded and ran off. After a good wash it looks just like it's just been polished.

I did use the Colinite wax but found it hard to remove but that's probably my old arthritic arms.

Soldato
I use Colinite 845 which is a liquid -easy on easy off - My Focus is also black and it shines up really well -Took it to garage for service and told them not to wash it but a lad did hose it down and couldn't believe how the water beaded and ran off. After a good wash it looks just like it's just been polished.

I did use the Colinite wax but found it hard to remove but that's probably my old arthritic arms.

no its not your arms, it goes off like concrete lol. you need to buff it off not long after putting it on. Another one that is superb but a swine to get off is bouncers vanilla ice but its expensive compared to colinite. Dodo juice hard candy is quite good as an alternative.

as you probably discovered though the 845 is easier than hard waxes and a great choice

Associate
I've never been a big fan of Wax.

It looks great on a dark car with excellent paint and lines to show off, but otherwise I find it actively attracts stuff like Pollen and doesn't protect as well as a good sealant.

Until recently, I have used Zaino Z2P for probably 15 years as it's easy to apply and remove whatever the weather and leaves a nice slick, well protected finish. I just find a good sealant easier to work with and longer lasting.

That said, for sheer ease of application the van gets Autogylms Polar Blast Seal via a foam lance and it's pretty decent. If you don't have a foam lance, I believe Aquawax is very similar.

Last edited:
Soldato
That said, for sheer ease of application the van gets Autogylms Polar Blast via a foam lance and it's pretty decent. If you don't have a foam lance, I believe Aquawax is very similar.
Polar Blast is a prewash foam, you're talking about Polar Seal I think.

Back
Top Bottom