1440p monitor now lagging like hell?

Associate
I’ve just got a LG 27850-b 1440p monitor. I’ve put in onto my system via display port and when I play war zone the game just freezes, waits about 5 seconds then skips forwards to catch back up. I’ve not changed anything else other than monitor. Everything worked fine on my 1080p….. any help to solution would be much appreciated….

apart from that the picture does look great

Permabanned
My FPS in nearly all games tanked after the April KB (Win 10/now Win11).

Have you got DSR on in the NCP (to get 1440p on 1080p) so now it will be far higher on 1440p?

Associate
Any other details on your setup? I've got the same monitor and play Warzone at 1440p as well - 3070 and 5800x with no stuttering or freezing and I'm playing over Display Port as well.

Have you tried going back to your 1080p screen to see if it still happens on that? Does it happen on other games?

I also saw that you said you use GeForce to optimise game settings - have you tried changing the settings and seeing if it still happens? I'm pretty sure the optimised game settings enables texture streaming which could be 100% having an impact on packet loss and stutters.

Associate
OP
Yeah I’ve got a 5800x, msi b550 gaming edge WiFi, 32gb 3600 ram, super flower 850 gold plus psu, 3070 fe. I genuinely don’t know what changed other than monitor. Made the game unplayable. Every time I go in with my mates I’m just freezing/rubberbanding. I put the packets counter on through warzone and it randomly goes up to 100% + then I die or get kicked

Associate
Yeah I’ve got a 5800x, msi b550 gaming edge WiFi, 32gb 3600 ram, super flower 850 gold plus psu, 3070 fe. I genuinely don’t know what changed other than monitor. Made the game unplayable. Every time I go in with my mates I’m just freezing/rubberbanding. I put the packets counter on through warzone and it randomly goes up to 100% + then I die or get kicked
Yeah - pretty similar set up to me.

I definitely think it's worth you trying other online multiplayer games to see if you get the same stutter/freezing - and trying some offline single player games too. It doesn't sound like it's the monitor from what you've described - especially as you can now see your packet loss hits 100% when it occurs.

Also you should check through your in game settings to make sure the texture streaming etc. is all switched off. If you can change your in-game graphic settings back to what you had with your older 1080p panel that would at least allow you to do a like-for-like comparison.

Associate
It seems to be when I play I get massive packet loss… I just don’t understand why that is suddenly happening after changing monitor

It's a network issue, are you using wifi? Probably just a coincidence that it started happening with a new monitor but could be causing some interference with the wifi signal

Associate
GeForce optimise is the red flag for me. Optimising a game once changed the global settings as opposed to just the individual game setting and it messed with my system.

Try a clean install of nvidia drivers.

Back
Top Bottom