PC Build / is it easy to build??

Associate
Hi folks,

I’m considering purchasing my own parts and trying to build the PC fresh myself which I’ve never done better I just wanted to see what people thought of my build and if someone could tell me if it’s an easy process to put the parts together and what parts would be tricky or difficult??

Here is my build below;

https://ibb.co/60p0XFs

let me know what you guys think

Thank you

Last edited:
Associate
OP
The link is https://ibb.co/60p0XFs
60p0XFs

Last edited:
Underboss
Don't spend £160 on fans, please invest that money into a newer CPU or a better GPU.

But to answer your question, yeah it's easy to build - lots of yt guides on the subject and if you can do Lego you can do PC builds, just take your time and follow along with the guides.

Associate
OP
I looked at those parts you mentioned none of them are showing up to add so I’m assuming they don’t work with parts I’ve added.

A 9600K CPU is old news.

Look at a B560 motherboard and 11400 CPU. If no GPU get the integrated graphics version.

Plus do you need 32 gigabytes of memory at 3600 MHz? What is the PC for?

Associate
OP
I suppose there is videos out there for all of this, my only main concern is the Bios of the motherboard. I’ve heard and read you’ve to have the bios pre downloaded onto a external HDD that I’ve never attempted.

Don't spend £160 on fans, please invest that money into a newer CPU or a better GPU.

But to answer your question, yeah it's easy to build - lots of yt guides on the subject and if you can do Lego you can do PC builds, just take your time and follow along with the guides.

Underboss
I suppose there is videos out there for all of this, my only main concern is the Bios of the motherboard. I’ve heard and read you’ve to have the bios pre downloaded onto a external HDD that I’ve never attempted.

Yeah some CPUs need an updated BIOS to run, some don't as the MOBO will be pre-updated before shipping to the seller by the manufacturer, it's also pretty simple to do - 100% sure there will be a video guide on it from someone who has done it before and if not your MOBO manufacturer will have a guide/process either in the MOBO booklet or on there website.

Like everything new, you have to follow guides and learn as you go but you'll be okay just take your time.

Associate
OP
I’m willing to give it a go, I’ve just changed the CPU and MB.

AMD 5600x CPU
MSI b550 tomahawk

Yeah some CPUs need an updated BIOS to run, some don't as the MOBO will be pre-updated before shipping to the seller by the manufacturer, it's also pretty simple to do - 100% sure there will be a video guide on it from someone who has done it before and if not your MOBO manufacturer will have a guide/process either in the MOBO booklet or on there website.

Like everything new, you have to follow guides and learn as you go but you'll be okay just take your time.

Underboss
Good combo, my son's 5600x and B550 came pre-loaded with a compatible BIOS, I updated it but out of the box it was working fine!

Enjoy, remember don't over tighten any screws, just enough is more than enough.

Soldato
PC builds are really easy. Make sure that you keep a decent case in your list. For less than £100 you can get a Lian-Li LANCOOL II MESH which GN seem to rate, for cooling at least.
I built my PC at the end of last year and it was easy. I helped a relative build their's last week and the case took the fun out of tidy cable routing as is was real cheap.

What is your budget?
The list in the OP seems imbalanced ie a primary NVMe drive and then a HDD for secondary, but then loads spent on fans. At the bare minimum just get a high capacity SSD for secondary.

What will you be using it for?
I have 2 x 140mm front case fans and z1 x 120mm exhaust fan (all Noctua) and my PC is quiet and cool.
You have fans coming with your case and you want to add 6 more to it?

I have had a great experience with my build (in my sig). The 5800x processor and X570 Tomahawk board have been a delight. I bought 32gb of 3600mhz CL16 Dual Rank RAM too, to round it off nicely.
I have used the two NVMe slots on the motherboard and also find the WiFi extremely useful.
Keep updating your original post with your build list and modify it as you see fit. You'll get plenty of help with this from the forum.

Associate
OP
Well my budget is about £1500-1600 and it’s really going to be used for high end gaming, MMOs, Warzone GTA etc but I want something I won’t have to change for a very long time. I’ve always bought PCs and had to add or upgrade something within the year. This time I want to do it right and not make the changes later. Hence why I’ve added the full capacity of fans.

PC builds are really easy. Make sure that you keep a decent case in your list. For less than £100 you can get a Lian-Li LANCOOL II MESH which GN seem to rate, for cooling at least.
I built my PC at the end of last year and it was easy. I helped a relative build their's last week and the case took the fun out of tidy cable routing as is was real cheap.

What is your budget?
The list in the OP seems imbalanced ie a primary NVMe drive and then a HDD for secondary, but then loads spent on fans. At the bare minimum just get a high capacity SSD for secondary.

What will you be using it for?
I have 2 x 140mm front case fans and z1 x 120mm exhaust fan (all Noctua) and my PC is quiet and cool.
You have fans coming with your case and you want to add 6 more to it?

I have had a great experience with my build (in my sig). The 5800x processor and X570 Tomahawk board have been a delight. I bought 32gb of 3600mhz CL16 Dual Rank RAM too, to round it off nicely.
I have used the two NVMe slots on the motherboard and also find the WiFi extremely useful.
Keep updating your original post with your build list and modify it as you see fit. You'll get plenty of help with this from the forum.

Soldato
Ok its slightly over budget but this would give you a PC that lasts a long time and if you can snag something like a 3080FE then that brings it under budget.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,742.08 (includes shipping: £13.20)​

Soldato
Thats a nice combo, and at the mo 6800xt makes sense. 3080ti just pips it, but £400 more.

Soldato
You can have this prebuilt with a 3 year warranty. Assuming you plan to play at high resolutions and the main use is gaming.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
  • 1 x OcUK Gaming Kestrel Micro-ATX Gaming PC - AMD Ryzen 5600X, AMD Radeon Graphics = £1,681.08
    • Case:Kolink Citadel Mesh RGB Micro-ATX Case - Black
    • Primary Solid State Drive (M.2):WD Blue SN550 500GB SSD NVME M.2 2280 PCIe Gen3 Solid State Drive (WDS500G2B0C)
    • Secondary Solid State Drive (M.2):Unwanted
    • Primary 2.5" Solid State Drive:WD Blue 500GB 3D NAND SSD 2.5" SATA 6Gbps Solid State Drive *SI STOCK* (WDS500G2B0A)
    • Secondary 2.5" Solid State Drive :Unwanted
    • Operating System:Microsoft Windows 10 Home Advanced - Systems
    • Security Software:Unwanted
    • Memory:Kingston Fury Beast 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-28800C17 3600MHz Dual Channel Kit
    • Graphics Card:Asus Radeon RX 6800 XT TUF Gaming OC 16GGB GDDR6 PCI-Express Graphics Card
Total: £1,695.18 (includes shipping: £14.10)​

Soldato
Well my budget is about £1500-1600 and it’s really going to be used for high end gaming, MMOs, Warzone GTA etc but I want something I won’t have to change for a very long time. I’ve always bought PCs and had to add or upgrade something within the year. This time I want to do it right and not make the changes later. Hence why I’ve added the full capacity of fans.
For CPU to last it needs 8 cores.
Simply because that's what consoles have making it target level for heavier games.

Again graphich card won't survive many years at high level, no matter how expensive.
So if wanting to play at high settings you anyway have to plan updating that anyway after some years.

And if you buy garbage PSU like in that prebuilt jigger advertises everywhere, you'll end up replacing also that most likely lot sooner than later.
Heck, that Kolink garbage isn't fit for 6800 XT even as brand new.

Back
Top Bottom