• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3000 Super series incoming?

Associate
OP
I saw this too - gonna be £1,999 MSRP for 5% performance gain over the 3090 maybe??

How long until you will have to buy GPUs at a dealer with a financing plan just like a car? And if you think I'm kidding, you can buy a Citroen Ami for the price of 2 high end PCs right now.

Associate
I see what you mean. I actually kinda did that, me and my wife discussed it and instead of upgrading our PCs we got that Citroen.
Thats rough - I guess when you put it that way, 2 GPUs can make up half a house deposit for a mortage nowadays too. Priorities though.

(p.s. I would have bought the upgrades :D)

Soldato
Would not surprise me as such. May have a bunch of cores on hand which do not need to be cut so could just sell them at an even higher price 3090 Super then purposely cut them slightly into a 3090 / 3080Ti. Power increase would be neat to see as bunch of 3090FEs I have used they have quiet good silicone but limited by 400w BIOS. The FE 3090 cooler would be fine with 450w I expect.

I saw this too - gonna be £1,999 MSRP for 5% performance gain over the 3090 maybe??

Less then that I expect given the delta between 3080 and 3090 which has a pretty big core count delta while this is small.

Associate
That's how its going to be if people show that they are going to spend that much.
It's never been worth it buying the most expensive cards... You pretty much always are better off going for low mid to high mid tier and just upgrading when the next gen or the gen after that comes out.

Associate
OP
Thats rough - I guess when you put it that way, 2 GPUs can make up half a house deposit for a mortage nowadays too. Priorities though.

(p.s. I would have bought the upgrades :D)

Well, to give you an idea this is my current game wishlist:

https://www.gog.com/u/Zarax999/wishlist

My wife is waiting for Horizon Forbidden West and the most hardware intensive title we own is Horizon Zero Dawn (which ran ok on her HD7970 on lowish settings).

There is very little forcing us to upgrade right now so we decided to wait until GPUs are at a reasonable price again (meaning at the current generation MSRP for the 80/800 class) and in the meantime to give a shot to an electric vehicle.

Soldato
I see what you mean. I actually kinda did that, me and my wife discussed it and instead of upgrading our PCs we got that Citroen.
I've been tempted to sell the rig and put it towards an electric car, its still too expensive though right now. Hopefully more affordable electrics come out soon.

Associate
OP
I've been tempted to sell the rig and put it towards an electric car, its still too expensive though right now. Hopefully more affordable electrics come out soon.

The one I mentioned is good enough for city use (65km range and can be recharged from home plug) and can be had from under 6000€.

Soldato
Lets face it nothing new on the 3xxx series to talk about lets stir up a few rumours, its a year since the 3xxx release must be time for a Super story for some more click bait. People dont want Super cards they want to see "Stock Qty:100+"

Back
Top Bottom