• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3000 Super series incoming?

Associate
Please show me your local Nvidia or AMD dealer selling GPUs like a car.

GPUs are smaller items, they can be shipped easily unlike cars so no need for 'local' dealers. But OcUK are an example of a local and online retailer or 'dealer' that offers finance on expensive GPUs, they also offer the facility to buy outright, just like car dealers. I can not mention others due to forum rules on competitors.

Associate
OP
GPUs are smaller items, they can be shipped easily unlike cars so no need for 'local' dealers. But OcUK are an example of a local and online retailer or 'dealer' that offers finance on expensive GPUs, they also offer the facility to buy outright, just like car dealers. I can not mention others due to forum rules on competitors.

I suspect the irony of my original post was not evident enough. I of course agree with you on a logical basis, however prices and margins are becoming such that it's almost warranting to go back to the early 1990s business model, where you had physical shops selling you PCs (and they were worth a lot more than now in comparison) not unlike a dealership would sell a car.

Associate
I suspect the irony of my original post was not evident enough. I of course agree with you on a logical basis, however prices and margins are becoming such that it's almost warranting to go back to the early 1990s business model, where you had physical shops selling you PCs (and they were worth a lot more than now in comparison) not unlike a dealership would sell a car.

Got ya

Soldato
Well the rumours are still coming from the same people that said the 3080ti will release with 20GB before too and well as we saw it landed as 12GB, so here we go again.

Also the 3090 super rumours are strange too, they state only differences will be 21Gbps memory speeds, which really all 3090s come with and just not set to that but can easily be done and a full GA102 core which is not here or there really, BUT the most important fact of the 3090 super is it has no NVLINK fingers which is very strange if true, or Nvidia is making sure this sku does not end up in dual 3090 workstations or servers as that seems to have upset them to the point they banned even AIBS making the blower cards that were perfect for these situations. So maybe there will be a 3090 Super aimed at the person that doesn't want to NVLINK and a little more performance. These 3090 Supers just seem strange to me but again will target some users that just want a fully unlocked GA102 and one only or a way for Nvidia to remove the 3090 sku with the NVLINK fingers that is causing them lost sales in their A-series (Quadro range) cards which they really wanted workstation and server users to use.

I did state before Nvidia will not be making that mistake again with another 3090 class card that allows workstation and server users to basically get cheap cards for their work flow, if there is another 4090 I expect it to be titan prices next time so basically $2500 msrp, also the 3090 Super is just getting people ready for these price bumps and power use with it's 400w+ needs as the next round of cards are going to be high power usage by the looks of it and the 3090 super will be priced where $2000 msrp? or will they just phase out the 3090 and replace it at the same price point and say well you get more cores and faster ram but no NVLINK for the same price and if you need NVLINk buy the normal 3090s before they go EOL.

Soldato
Best reasons for upgrading are when something New, Innovative, Faster, More Efficient or Cheaper comes along.

Sadly none of the above will apply to the 3090 Super.

NVidia will be giving customers about 2% extra performance but charging £2K for it.

Yes agree, I also have a feeling it may not be a 3090 super and a Titan card being released, but why would it not have a NVLINK if a Titan card or even an updated 3090 ? Something doesn't make sense and if Nvidia are doing this they clearly want to force people to buy their A-Series cards then and EOL the 3090s with the NVLINK as they clearly ended up in workstations and servers and saved many people a lot of money that way. That is only reason I went with two 3090s was the fact they were cheaper than Titans and had NVLINK and I never needed the Titan drivers for my work.

Also a heads up for you Kaap there are two new x570s motherboards soon to come out that have the correct 4 slot spacing for the 3090 NVLINK, I know you purchased two 3090s too, but didn't have the right x570 board for the 5950x and the two 3090s.

EVGA X570S Dark

and

ASUS X570S VIII Extreme

Before was the MSI Godlike but that seems to be EOL now and if you can get one they are over £1500 :mad::rolleyes:.

Associate
Anyone with a 3090FE not been running the VRAM @ 21Gbps since day 1 anyway?

Well, except miners perhaps.

Mine only goes up to +600 mhz on the RAM fully stable and +650 mhz mostly stable.

Any higher and I have to reduce core clock. And that's not worth it whatsoever.
I managed to complete Port Royal at +105 / +750 and got lower scores than +150/+600. and +800 was a black screen + reboot waiting to happen.
Yes my card is repadded and repasted, so I did not win the silicon lottery. I also did NOT test it at 400W TDP (I only run Port Royal at 800W TDP (though it never reaches past 560W, as I am limited by MSVDD and NVVDD voltage limits (no, not the Afterburner curve, that's VID)), I'm shunt modded.

Man of Honour
Yes agree, I also have a feeling it may not be a 3090 super and a Titan card being released, but why would it not have a NVLINK if a Titan card or even an updated 3090 ? Something doesn't make sense and if Nvidia are doing this they clearly want to force people to buy their A-Series cards then and EOL the 3090s with the NVLINK as they clearly ended up in workstations and servers and saved many people a lot of money that way. That is only reason I went with two 3090s was the fact they were cheaper than Titans and had NVLINK and I never needed the Titan drivers for my work.

Also a heads up for you Kaap there are two new x570s motherboards soon to come out that have the correct 4 slot spacing for the 3090 NVLINK, I know you purchased two 3090s too, but didn't have the right x570 board for the 5950x and the two 3090s.

EVGA X570S Dark

and

ASUS X570S VIII Extreme

Before was the MSI Godlike but that seems to be EOL now and if you can get one they are over £1500 :mad::rolleyes:.

The next gen of Rizen CPUs will work in these boards IIRC, if this is the case it will be my next upgrade.

The games I play like Civ 5 perform much better with the high IPC found on Rizen like the 5950X and it would be nice to have SLI available next time I upgrade.

Man of Honour
The only Super needed is a 3060 Super. It would fill a huge performance gap

The high end cards from NVidia are becoming a bit of a joke,

To start we had the 3080 and 3090 (if you could find one).

The the 3080 Ti came along and finally this new 3090 Super.

The comical bit is they all use the same silicon with more or less enabled and there is hardly any difference in performance between any of them.

Please NVidia if it's not at least 30% faster please stop wasting our time with pointless launches.

HRL

HRL

Soldato
Mine only goes up to +600 mhz on the RAM fully stable and +650 mhz mostly stable.

Any higher and I have to reduce core clock. And that's not worth it whatsoever.
I managed to complete Port Royal at +105 / +750 and got lower scores than +150/+600. and +800 was a black screen + reboot waiting to happen.
Yes my card is repadded and repasted, so I did not win the silicon lottery. I also did NOT test it at 400W TDP (I only run Port Royal at 800W TDP (though it never reaches past 560W, as I am limited by MSVDD and NVVDD voltage limits (no, not the Afterburner curve, that's VID)), I'm shunt modded.

Genuinely surprised. Thought the VRAM was rated @ 21Gbps, but Nvidia underclocked it due to high temps.

As mine runs pretty cool anyway I’ve always had it OC’d to 21Gbps. Could push it further TBH but opted for longevity instead.

My GPU/VRAM OC’s are at stock PL and auto fan too, +125/+750.

As you say, you didn’t win the silicon lottery unfortunately, but pretty sure mine’s fairly average.

Back
Top Bottom