Eufy door bell?

Caporegime
Currently have no door bell at all. And missed a couple of deliveries as I'm upstairs with my headphones on.

So an app would be ideal.

I've been holding back as I hate subscriptions. And most seem to require this. Except eufy.

Seems to do everything needed.

Anyone have one who can report back?

Soldato
Already a thread here.

But yes, I have one and it’s good.

It may not be perfect and I can’t compare it to Ring etc. but I’ve been very happy with it.

The wireless version can also be wired in, so best of both worlds.

Associate
Yep I have the 2k one with the home base. Whilst I normally try and hardwire these kinds of things I've ran out of plug sockets where I have enough networking so I'm actually running it fully on wireless with the base connecting to my router over wifi, then the doorbell to the base over it's wifi. Even in this worst case scenario it never seems to miss a beat. Notifications come through quickly even pinging to my iphone / watch etc. We had an amazon delivery just a few minutes ago and I had the notification for detecting movement on my phone about 10 seconds before the chime. It even manages to get my notifications to my Echo devices within a second or so of the main home base going off.

In short, for me it just all seems to work without issue. Even in optimal survellience mode I'm getting around 3-4 months between charges as well so it all seems good to me.

Soldato
I have the complete opposite experience. Mine is as leggy as hell. Its about 5 to 10 seconds from a bell push to a notification then same to respond if I want. By that time the person has normally gone.

I also have 2 cameras, those and the doorbell are great at recording people as they walk away from the house.

I also get quite a lag when trying to connect to live feeds.

Caporegime
OP
Great. Mixed review! Just what I wanted! :D

So few options without subscription!
Tad concerned with the security of it. Read some things that basically it's dead simple to steal.

Last edited:
Soldato
Great. Mixed review! Just what I wanted! :D

So few options without subscription!
Tad concerned with the security of it. Read some things that basically it's dead simple to steal.

I'm hoping I've simply missed a setting or two as image quality etc is pretty good. They are easy to remove, necessarily so, but I would imagine any external device to be easy to remove by someone wanting it.

Soldato
I have the complete opposite experience. Mine is as leggy as hell. Its about 5 to 10 seconds from a bell push to a notification then same to respond if I want. By that time the person has normally gone.

I also have 2 cameras, those and the doorbell are great at recording people as they walk away from the house.

I also get quite a lag when trying to connect to live feeds.
Mines inconsistent. I can connect to the live feed instantly, but sometimes the notifications are instant, sometimes 20-30 seconds behind. :(

Caporegime
OP
Have to say not great responses. Inconsistent is probably the worst.
And 20-30s is obviously unacceptable.

Smart tech still seems riddled with issues

Caporegime
OP
Feel theres no harm in trying.
The router is super close to door too. And long as I'm in the returns window if it doesn't work out can always return.

Can't find any other non cloud/subscription services at all

Soldato
eufy are very good and much better than the ring 2 it replaced , I got one from the states which has 5-7 day continuous recording (on board 32gb storage)

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/eufy-s...al-storage-free-chime/6425487.p?skuId=6425487

works perfectly, no wifi issues or power, works on the same voltage so works with standard UK PSU, in fact I had a UK one and used the 5m psu that came with it. The USA one doesn't come with a PSU.

It's good you can scrub through 5-7 days worth of footage, all free no sub.

This is a limited edition best buy US only deal they have with them so had to be imported.

Soldato
I was also researching battery video doorbells and the Eufy was top of my list until...

Google just released a new Nest Doorbell battery cam which seems good but need to pay for more than 3 hours of video storage which hopefully should be ok for our needs on the free option - gets delivered tomorrow.

They currently have an offer on if you also add in the Nest Mini to your basket it's free - will be using that as the chime.

Apologies for throwing in this option but it may be something for you to consider as it swayed me

Associate
I was also researching battery video doorbells and the Eufy was top of my list until...

Google just released a new Nest Doorbell battery cam which seems good but need to pay for more than 3 hours of video storage which hopefully should be ok for our needs on the free option - gets delivered tomorrow.

They currently have an offer on if you also add in the Nest Mini to your basket it's free - will be using that as the chime.

Apologies for throwing in this option but it may be something for you to consider as it swayed me

Be interested to see how you get on with it as I have been looking at the Eufy but also noticed the new Google battery doorbell too!

Caporegime
OP

Interesting. That is an option with 3 hours free

Back
Top Bottom