Nandos closed...

Soldato
A few weeks of being harder to buy bottled water than normal, but it's more or less back to normal now. No issues with anything else.

It actually drove me to find a new supplier of bottled water that was cheaper than Tesco/Sainsbury! So it turned out to be a benefit in the end :cry:
Why do you hate the environment?

Soldato
Should have voted romaine.

Do we know the ethnicity of the Nandos chicken - roumania, like some of the online chicken suppliers muscle foods ?....
or McD's milkshake ingrediant that couldn't be sourced (high fructose corn syrup ?)

e: ok nandos signed up for the better chicken agreement by 2026, following their past sins - they're excused

By 2026, we will require our suppliers to meet the following requirements for 100% of the [fresh, frozen, and processed] chicken in our supply chain:

1. Comply with all EU animal welfare laws and regulations, regardless of the country of production.

1. Implement a maximum stocking density of 30kg/m2 or less. Thinning is discouraged and if practiced must be limited to one thin per flock.

1. Adopt breeds that demonstrate higher welfare outcomes: either the following breeds, Hubbard Redbro (indoor use only); Hubbard Norfolk Black, JA757, JACY57, 787, 957, or 987, Rambler Ranger, Ranger Classic, and Ranger Gold, or other breeds that meet the criteria of the RSPCA Broiler Breed Welfare Assessment Protocol.

1. Meet improved environmental standards including:
  • At least 50 lux of light, including natural light.
  • At least two metres of usable perch space, and two pecking substrates, per 1,000 birds.
  • On air quality, the maximum requirements of Annex 2.3 of the EU broiler directive, regardless of stocking density.
  • No cages or multi-tier systems.
  1. Adopt controlled atmospheric stunning using inert gas or multi-phase systems, or effective electrical stunning without live inversion.

1. Demonstrate compliance with the above standards via third-party auditing and annual public reporting on progress towards this commitment.

Cmon guys, stop dressing the troll.
dressing the lettuce, surely.

Last edited:
Soldato
Spoons running out of booze, what’s next?
They have no Carling and Coors, only about another 10 beers at least on tap to choose from, that thankfully aren't Carling or Coors. Is this really going to happen when a particular product isn't available somewhere that we'll hear about it here every time?

Soldato
OP
They have no Carling and Coors, only about another 10 beers at least on tap to choose from, that thankfully aren't Carling or Coors. Is this really going to happen when a particular product isn't available somewhere that we'll hear about it here every time?

Unprecedented things are often reported in the news. Nobody is asking you to read the thread or check the news.

Soldato
Unprecedented things are often reported in the news. Nobody is asking you to read the thread or check the news.
I hate to tell you this, but pubs running out of a certain lager isn't unprecedented. A friend of mine has worked for Heineken for a couple of decades (via Courage, Scottish and Newcastle and then Heineken), and it happens more often than you think. People/the media weren't so obsessed by a couple of crap lagers being out of stock previously though.

I'm sure next week you'll be telling us that Wrigley's Juicy Fruit is out of stock in all Martin's newsagents or something though.

Soldato
OP
I hate to tell you this, but pubs running out of a certain lager isn't unprecedented. A friend of mine has worked for Heineken for a couple of decades (via Courage, Scottish and Newcastle and then Heineken), and it happens more often than you think. People/the media weren't so obsessed by a couple of crap lagers being out of stock previously though.

Still here then?

Back
Top Bottom