• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Are RX 6800 XT not wanted?

Associate
Stock has been a big UK problem for AMD, not just the mess that was the direct sales not coming to the uk.

Have been on partalerts discord for some time (although not checked it closely for the last month or so) and the number of alerts for Nvida 3xxx cards vastly outnumbered the AMD 6xxx ones.

Would go days without updates and even then you'd only get some very dodgy looking 3rd party sellers on a large site i'm not allowed to mention. Yet some of the mainland Europe sites would see a lot more alerts.

Soldato
It's Nvidia's excellent marketing! people buy brands not products...

Nah. People want the best in terms of performance and stability.

No doubt that Nvidia holds the performance crown, has the most mature drivers and has far less overall issues compared to AMD. Who wants to spend their freetime fixing BSOD, black screen or flickering issues?

The RX6000 series does seem a step in the right direction for AMD though, but I'd want to see 2-3 more years of continued stability before moving back to team red.

Soldato

No doubt that Nvidia holds the performance crown, has the most mature drivers and has far less overall issues compared to AMD. Who wants to spend their freetime fixing BSOD, black screen or flickering issues?

The RX6000 series does seem a step in the right direction for AMD though, but I'd want to see 2-3 more years of continued stability before moving back to team red.
dr dre beats anyone? :cry:
if you think the average joe is researching 'performance and stability' you are deluded.
It just so happens in the case of GPUs Nvidia do make good product's..

Soldato

Someone earlier in the thread quotes that the 6800XT is faster than a 3080!! Odd when a 3080 pulls the pants down on a 6900XT in some titles. @ 4k Nvidia is king even without DLSS.

Nvidia have been a bit more plug n play for a good long while.

Soldato
Someone earlier in the thread quotes that the 6800XT is faster than a 3080!! Odd when a 3080 pulls the pants down on a 6900XT in some titles. @ 4k Nvidia is king even without DLSS.

Nvidia have been a bit more plug n play for a good long while.

Not sure which Digital Shilleries you have been reading, but the 6900XT and 3090 are a match

Those are the very highest end cards of each model

Associate

AMD had one series that caused actual (proven) issues to many users - 5700 series. I had it myself for a while and after 6 months or so finally sold it. I swapped to 3 different AIBs models (XFX, Sapphire and Gigabyte) and all of them were very unstable, black screens etc. Each of these runs just fine on many other machines, so no issues with cards or drivers there. Odd thing, especially that 290 before and now 6800 and 6800xt, along with 3060Ti and 2070S work with 0 issues on the same machine.

That said, aside that unfortunate one series, I had no serious issues with AMD nor NVIDIA drivers for a long time now, though I still remember youtube crashing madly on NVIDIA drivers (1070Ti card) if I had it opened in more than 1-2 tabs at once (even if only 1 tab was playing).

Soldato
AMD had one series that caused actual (proven) issues to many users - 5700 series. I had it myself for a while and after 6 months or so finally sold it. I swapped to 3 different AIBs models (XFX, Sapphire and Gigabyte) and all of them were very unstable, black screens etc. Each of these runs just fine on many other machines, so no issues with cards or drivers there. Odd thing, especially that 290 before and now 6800 and 6800xt, along with 3060Ti and 2070S work with 0 issues on the same machine.

That said, aside that unfortunate one series, I had no serious issues with AMD nor NVIDIA drivers for a long time now, though I still remember youtube crashing madly on NVIDIA drivers (1070Ti card) if I had it opened in more than 1-2 tabs at once (even if only 1 tab was playing).

Meanwhile this never happened did it:

The latest GeForce driver is causing major issues for some users - here's how to fix them | TechRadar

Caporegime
Had many amd cards in the past; 4850, 7850, 290, vega 56 to name a few and never really had issues (saying that, I did have a few issues when I had the 290 but can't say for sure if it was the card or something else on my pc) although I did find myself fiddling around with settings/control panel often enough.... Got a 3080 now and it's been flawless too, never have to mess/go into the driver control panel thankfully, as it's dated/pos in terms of UI.

Like everything in this world, brand power is always the biggest contributor to how well a product does and when you have amd spending less than a minute on their live show for pc gaming and nvidia spend the whole of their show talking about pc gaming and showing how they sponsor/get their tech added to all the games that the majority of people care about, it's no surprise amd gpus still aren't going anywhere. Doesn't help with their ridiculous prices and lack of ray tracing perf. either.....

Soldato
Not sure which Digital Shilleries you have been reading, but the 6900XT and 3090 are a match

Those are the very highest end cards of each model

Looks at 4k results and stand by my statement.

I didn't say anything about a 3090. I was on about a 3080 @ 4k - keeps up and sometimes surpasses a 6900XT....like I said.

Aren't they all AMD favored games you cherry picked?

Caporegime
Looks at 4k results and stand by my statement.

I didn't say anything about a 3090. I was on about a 3080 @ 4k - keeps up and sometimes surpasses a 6900XT....like I said.

Not to mention when you add dlss into the mix.....

FSR is great with the 2 max settings at 4K but sadly, it's not getting into the games that 1. people care about 2. games where it is really needed (not amds fault though if said games are nvidia sponsored....) 3. it requires the base games AA/IQ to be very good otherwise it will just enhance poorly implemented AA artifacting/issues

Soldato
Not to mention when you add dlss into the mix.....

FSR is great with the 2 max settings at 4K but sadly, it's not getting into the games that 1. people care about 2. games where it is really needed (not amds fault though if said games are nvidia sponsored....) 3. it requires the base games AA/IQ to be very good otherwise it will just enhance poorly implemented AA artifacting/issues

DLSS is the same (the DXR enabled list is substantially shorter) - the games list for it might be relatively long, but when 90% are indie titles, then literally no one cares.

Back
Top Bottom