Mediocre/underwhelming/unusual Bucket List Items

Associate
Have you got any?

I'm not talking about bungee jumping/parachuting/climbing Everest/visiting The Maldives, etc.

I'm talking about average run of the mill stuff; or stuff that no one else would consider a bucket list item. Perhaps it's something so obscure, no one's ever thought of it.

I'll start.

I've held a Koala, been on the footplate of a steam locomotive and I've changed a railway signal in the signal box using those big levers. Perhaps those weren't on my list to start with, not sure I even had a list back then, but I'm glad I did them.

But one thing I'd really like to do is drive a combine harvester to cut the crop. Don't really know why, I enjoy mowing the lawn, perhaps it's a step up from that.

What do you say GD? Got any experiences you'd like to experience?

(No, not drunk, just finishing a night shift!)

Associate
OP
psycho sonny

psycho sonny

psycho sonny

psycho sonny

Hmm, not how I imagined this thread progressing with all those mentions of Psycho Sonny, but this is the impression I'm getting about them....

I've always wanted to go to a weatherspoons pub, right at doors open, and stay there all day till kick out.

Great suggestion, thanks!

Man of Honour
12.5 years ago, shorter after turning 29, I made a 'mundane bucket list' of things to do before I was 30. I've marked myself against what I've done by the age of 40:

1) Buy a lottery ticket - yes
2) Share trading - yes
3) Go to a pub quiz -yes
4) Go to a gym - yes
5) Laser Quest or similar - no
6) Start writing some kind of regular online blog - no
7) Apply to be on a TV quiz show - no
8) Make an effort to contact old friends (adding to FB doesn't count, I must actually communicate with them!) - no
9) Formulate a realistic career plan - no
10) Tear up #9 and formulate an ambitious career plan - no
11) Sort our house out i.e. actually deploy all the pictures/hooks/curtains etc we buy - no
12) Give my wife some stick for being in her 30s - yes
13) Reorganise all our paperwork/filing - no
14) Take out a pension - yes
15) Make a will - no
16) Write to the council about the dangers of crossing the road opposite my office - yes
17) Update this list - no
18) Book a trip to Australia - yes
19) Revisit uni campus - yes
20) Learn how to drink shots - sort of
21) Go to a comedy club event / standup show etc - yes

edit: #11 is the best one, I'm in my 40s and still have jobs pending from when I was in my 20s.

Caporegime
My bucket list is just own an audi quattro but I don't even drive....
just need 1-2mil if I was rich I'd buy one as a daily driver :D

seems even a replica is like 120k-200k and they all sound off, like tractors at idle and weird when they are launching off the line even if they have a 5cylinder engine

people with crypto lambos on the forum are doing it wrong buy a quattro and wake your whole city every morning on the way to work

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom