Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL EK parts list

Associate
My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £3,215.33 (includes shipping: £14.70)

The above basket contains most of the components used in that build. I have not see that particular front distro plate before , i put the EK Quantum one in as an example. I only put in 1 fitting so you would have course need many many more and a lot of extra tools if you were thinking about building it yourself.

OCUK do prebuilt water cooled systems very similar to the one in the pic so you can go that route if you want.

Edit - Whatever you do do not think you can jsut use that basket and build the pc in the pic. I put it togethter quickly so did not add enough fittings and did not check the gpu block works with the gpu. The basket is just an example.

Associate
I know you have issues with the quality and price of EK products but beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I personally really like the look of their fittings. I have always loved brushed aluminium so its no surprise I love the Satin Titanium EK fittings I have, expensive for sure but I like them.

I only linked EK kit in the basket because the build he was asking about was EK sponsored so of course it had EK products in it. I was not recommending them just letting him know what I thought they were. I also wanted him to get an idea of how expensive it would be as well. After I did it I saw the actual specs of the build he linked and I was £1500 under that budget.

Associate
I know you have issues with the quality and price of EK products but beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I personally really like the look of their fittings. I have always loved brushed aluminium so its no surprise I love the Satin Titanium EK fittings I have, expensive for sure but I like them.

I only linked EK kit in the basket because the build he was asking about was EK sponsored so of course it had EK products in it. I was not recommending them just letting him know what I thought they were. I also wanted him to get an idea of how expensive it would be as well. After I did it I saw the actual specs of the build he linked and I was £1500 under that budget.
That build has a 3090 in it where you added a 3080, I`d like to add a 3090FE but OCUK don`t sell them but it gives you a choice of nice water blocks and it`s a lot shorter than the reference models.

Associate
pretty much identical to the link in OP minus the memory which OCUK don't sell (GSkill 3200 64Gb kit) and GPU type is not listed so a like for like included (looking on EK pic.. its not an FE model)

Total: £5,412.72 (includes shipping: £15.90)

Last edited:
Soldato
I've not had any issues with any of the EK kit I've had over the past few years, yeah they're pricey but still. I've also gone for cheaper stuff like Bykski and Barrow and more premium stuff like Heatkiller and Black Ice rads. There's at best maybe a couple of degrees temperature difference, like 1c to 2c difference in my experience.

EK certainly had issues in the past but for the most part I think that's over. I for one really like some of their designs.

Associate
I've not had any issues with any of the EK kit I've had over the past few years, yeah they're pricey but still. I've also gone for cheaper stuff like Bykski and Barrow and more premium stuff like Heatkiller and Black Ice rads. There's at best maybe a couple of degrees temperature difference, like 1c to 2c difference in my experience.

EK certainly had issues in the past but for the most part I think that's over. I for one really like some of their designs.

I also agree... i've bought countless parts from EK and not had any issues thus far. Others i have used and recommend are Primochill, Monsoon and Bitspower fittings.

V F

V F

Soldato

I went with one of those for the floor of the case. Nemesis GTS 360. The 30mm radiator.

Associate
OP
There's this great website that offer pre-built systems, and some of them even have custom water loops installed too! You might have heard of them.

Sure. I saw a similar one but it was £8-9k. I happy to pay for labour costs but that still seems too expensive.

Total: £3,215.33 (includes shipping: £14.70)

The above basket contains most of the components used in that build. I have not see that particular front distro plate before , i put the EK Quantum one in as an example. I only put in 1 fitting so you would have course need many many more and a lot of extra tools if you were thinking about building it yourself.

OCUK do prebuilt water cooled systems very similar to the one in the pic so you can go that route if you want.

Edit - Whatever you do do not think you can jsut use that basket and build the pc in the pic. I put it togethter quickly so did not add enough fittings and did not check the gpu block works with the gpu. The basket is just an example.

Thanks man. That’s exactly the sort of thing I am looking for.

have a good search on google about EK quality and customer service before buying. There are other cheaper and better quality kit out there.

I would pay extra to avoid EK crap in my loop. there are so much better options out there for the same money.

EK's stuff is so sexy though.

I'm guessing you find Anne Widdicombe sexy too lol

That build has a 3090 in it where you added a 3080, I`d like to add a 3090FE but OCUK don`t sell them but it gives you a choice of nice water blocks and it`s a lot shorter than the reference models.

pretty much identical to the link in OP minus the memory which OCUK don't sell (GSkill 3200 64Gb kit) and GPU type is not listed so a like for like included (looking on EK pic.. its not an FE model)

Total: £5,412.72 (includes shipping: £15.90)

Perfect man, will check it out.

I also agree... i've bought countless parts from EK and not had any issues thus far. Others i have used and recommend are Primochill, Monsoon and Bitspower fittings.

I went with one of those for the floor of the case. Nemesis GTS 360. The 30mm radiator.

Interesting. I built my first custom loop in 2006’ish. EK were the best GPU blocks back then. What other brands should I be looking at these days? Although I do want to build a good looking PC, I value performance and quality over aesthetics. Basically looking for the best cooling for a 3090 build that I can hopefully put a nice overclock on it.

Is there a custom loop that is considered “the best” for a 5950X/3090 build?

I have not looked at this stuff in over a decade, apologies for my ignorance.

Associate
With a 3090 you will want to check out gpu blocks with an active backplate, it has memory modules on the back and they get very hot and if not cooled properly they could potentially throttle. No idea which one is best but you will be limited by the brand of 3090 you get so will not be a large choice. 3080 is a far more sensible choice if you can get one.

There are just too many options to narrow it down to the best. With a 5950x and 3090 you will be using around 700w of power so you will need a decent amount of radiators, 2x360 as a minimum imo.

Yes 8-9k is a lot of money for a PC but even building it yourself it will not be cheap. You could order im4gine3 basket and work on it yourself. If you go for a 3090 then look for gpu with gpu block and active backplate and I would also consider the O11 XL and not the dynamic, will be easier to build in with that amount of hardeware in a larger case. Endless choices if you go for a self build.

Associate
Like Haz mentioned, there is no best loop.. specifically with the 5950x and 3090, things can get pretty toasty.

Personally if you value performance, likewise i'd go for:

* The XL case for the increased airflow and easier space to work with.

* Replace the listed radiators with a 60mm thick one such as EK XE or a HWLabs GTX. Any thinner radiator, i'd go for HWLabs (Corsair and Bitspower Leviathan doable.. they are just knockoffs of HWLabs).

* and given the price of the parts, money doesn't seem to be of any object, so replace all fans with Noctua A12x25 or Phanteks T30 (if it can fit).. otherwise for similar performance at a fraction of the cost; a bunch of Arctic P12 PWM fans. If you want RGB, then Artic do an RGB version of the P12, EK do the above or the X3M and Lian Li has the AL120/SL120 variants.

*Fittings wise.. i've not had any issues with EK QT fittings or Bitspower, so can't recommend other brands such as Barrow or Bykski as i've not tried them before

I believe EK are the only ones with an active backplate at the moment. Not seen any other brand do the same. This of course is dependant on which 3090 model you go for.

Soldato
As someone who has the 011 XL and a full custom loop, with the front distro plate there isn't as much room as people seem to think.

That front distro means you can't have a rad on the side intake, though you can install fans on the rear side (I'd highlyrecommend this). You can fit a 60mm thick rad in the bottom with fans but need a skinny rad up top.

Lose the distro plate and a lengthy gpu will really make you struggle to place a pump/reservoir combo. Making it look clean won't really happen either.

In hindsight I wish I'd stuck with my p600s and soft loop.

Associate
OP
As someone who has the 011 XL and a full custom loop, with the front distro plate there isn't as much room as people seem to think.

That front distro means you can't have a rad on the side intake, though you can install fans on the rear side (I'd highlyrecommend this). You can fit a 60mm thick rad in the bottom with fans but need a skinny rad up top.

Lose the distro plate and a lengthy gpu will really make you struggle to place a pump/reservoir combo. Making it look clean won't really happen either.

In hindsight I wish I'd stuck with my p600s and soft loop.

Another UK water cooled pc builder

have a Thermaltake Level 20 HT case that comes out at just over £5k which seems reasonable for labour. I might look into that. I don’t have the time to research everything myself unfortunately.

Last edited:
Associate
You should remove the name of a competitor.

It is time consuming to research and build so if you can buy at a decent price go for it.

Associate
I had a look and the prices do look competitive.

Did not see them with active backplate for a 3090 and not many rads even with the extreme kit. You should ask some people with a 3090 how it performs with standard cooling.

HT20 looks like interesting case. Would like to see nice build in it.

I would say be wary of acrylic tubing, it can shatter. I personally would not risk it and I used PETG in my build.

Back
Top Bottom