New GPU not recognished

Associate
Hey all,

Decided to upgrade from a 1070 to 3060 ti.

Have had nothing but problems with trying to get it to work.

Finally did a complete format and reinstall of everything.

Now when I have the 3060 ti in, Windows detects it as a Microsoft Basic Display Adapter, or something along those lines, and no amount of trying to force the Nvidia drivers will work, always ends up saying 'not a compatible device' and that the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter is the best one for your device.

Now, pulling that one out and putting back in my old 1070, I don't have to do anything else and everything is fine, it automatically detects that its a 1070 and life is good again.

Put the new one back in and exact same problem as first paragraph.

As far as I can tell everything is plugged in correctly for the 3060, I have noticed that apart from the first 5 seconds, the fans don't spin anymore, and it seems to get hot.

I've contacted OC and I have to send it back for testing but just before I do, I thought I would get some advice.

Many thanks to you all

PC:-

Intel 5 7600k
Gigabyte Z270x Gaming K5 motherboard
16 gb ram

Absolute latest (yesterday) version of windows made from their creation utility.

Associate
Could it be the PSU's on both machines where not powerful enough or the power leads not plugged in correctly? Does seem to be balancing towards a faulty card though.

Back
Top Bottom