• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3080FE Fans not spinning

Associate
Hi guys,
after installing iCUE software on my new build, I've noticed the 3080FE fans have now stopped spinning. The temp is now 50degress and climbing slowly. If I go to custom the curve shows the fans s/b on but they just wont start. Any ideas?

Soldato
Hi guys,
after installing iCUE software on my new build, I've noticed the 3080FE fans have now stopped spinning. The temp is now 50degress and climbing slowly. If I go to custom the curve shows the fans s/b on but they just wont start. Any ideas?

at stock usually start spinning above 50c , not sure 100% exactly but could be 56c ? but its around there

Associate
Cards now have a set temp before the fan will start, not sure what it is tbh but probably 50-60c. Might be worth giving it a check under load to see if it starts or not.

Associate
OP
Did a restart and as soon as windows rebooted fancame on. As soon as icue started fan turned off again. Shut down PC for now and will take a look tomorrow. Might uninstall and reinstall icue to see if makes a difference. My fans were all rainbow out of box, but now on bootup they turn white and back to rainbow after icue turns on.maybe I screwed something up, but everything was fine until I installed that software

Soldato
Did a restart and as soon as windows rebooted fancame on. As soon as icue started fan turned off again. Shut down PC for now and will take a look tomorrow. Might uninstall and reinstall icue to see if makes a difference. My fans were all rainbow out of box, but now on bootup they turn white and back to rainbow after icue turns on.maybe I screwed something up, but everything was fine until I installed that software

I don't use icue and it does the same fans stop spinning
3080 will be in icue where you can set the RGB how you want , also why not play something see if the fans kick in ? Did you let it get to 60c , all seems normal to me

Associate
As stated fans will be on during boot up at 30% speed. They then turn off shortly after windows has loaded and temperature is low. Fans won’t restart until they hit a certain temperature. They will start at 30% speed and climb as the temps increase.

Associate
OP
I don't use icue and it does the same fans stop spinning
3080 will be in icue where you can set the RGB how you want , also why not play something see if the fans kick in ? Did you let it get to 60c , all seems normal to me
No, I was going to bed. I was in process of downloading flight sim, so will turn back on and continue then have a go. If the fans kick in I guess it's ok then, as you 're all saying it's normal. There was a custom fan setting where it showed fan at 30% which then starts to rise after 60 degrees, but when I clicked on it nothing happenned..I'm new to icue so maybe I'm doing something wrong

Associate
OP
Thanks everyone. Card doing as you say, spins up every so often, so temp 37 degrees at the mo, but just come back in. Still a long way from downloading flight sim..no idea why I chose that to download, it's huge. Think I was just having a moment, overly protective of my gpu:cry:

Back
Top Bottom