GIGABYTE - Support website has been inaccessible for weeks now.

Associate
The Gigabyte UK support website has been broken for at least two weeks now, and I can't get any contact details for Gigabyte UK as a result.

I know the Gigabyte rep (Gigaman?) checks in on overclockers regularly, so hoping to get a response here.

Does anyone have any contact details for Gigabyte UK that they would be happy to share?

Many thanks,
Wintermute

Associate
OP
Guys thank you for your responses - in particular the Jay's2cents video was very informative.

I have an Aorus X570 Ultra that has blown, and it meant that I had to move from a Ryzen 5950x to an old Z97m with an i7-4790k I enjoyed in 2015 but gifted to my girlfriend when I upgraded to a 3900x/AM4 board a few years ago (belive me, I sholdn't have bothered - she was beyond ungrateful...apparently it was a terrible xmas gift and she doesn't care that Devil's Canyon was the best iteration of Haswell/the fastest chip to fit in to an LGA 1150 socket). It was less painful to drop another £300 on a new Aorus X570 than it was to wait it out for Gigabyte to get their act together. Hopefully when gigabyte get their RMA system back online I can either ask them for a refund (ha!) or sell the new motherboard they send me on eBay.

If @GIGA-Man does see this message - please let me know how best to sort the RMA of my dead mobo and wheter it is feasible to get a refund for the identical board I've just purcahsed. Also, I hope work isn't too awful at the moment....it doesn't sound like much fun being a Gigabyte rep right now :(

On an aside, my previous builds have used ASRock boards and I've never had a problem. Have I just been unlucky with the Gigabyte board I purchased, or are they lower quality than other brands? I was so close to buying the ASRock TaiChi X570 when I switched to an AM4 socket...I'll definitely be spending more time understanding build quality when I eventaully upgrade my 5950x/DDR4 ram.

Best,
Wintermute

V F

V F

Soldato
i would not buy Gigabyte any more. just to many problems now and the same with the graphic cards, can be a iffy especially the more expensive ones

Their motherboards are solid though. As well as monitors. Which is where they got their great reputation from, for motherboards.

Associate
I’m in the market for a new motherboard (upgrade from B450) and the recent bad press surrounding Gigabyte has definitely but me off looking at their boards. I’m sure I won’t be the only one.

Soldato
Sad that they're having a bad time with power supplies and IT security. Didn't know they made power supplies but the latter is bad.

Gigabyte have made solid boards for years and as far as I can tell are still doing so. Reliable as opposed to flashy. The recent led enthusiasm may be a bad sign though. Warranty (at least used to be) UK based and competently administered.

Asus on the other hand was 'just throw the board away' tier. I'd be curious to know if they've changed in that respect as some of their hardware looks great on paper.

Associate
Sad that they're having a bad time with power supplies and IT security. Didn't know they made power supplies but the latter is bad.

Gigabyte have made solid boards for years and as far as I can tell are still doing so. Reliable as opposed to flashy. The recent led enthusiasm may be a bad sign though. Warranty (at least used to be) UK based and competently administered.

Asus on the other hand was 'just throw the board away' tier. I'd be curious to know if they've changed in that respect as some of their hardware looks great on paper.

All motherboard makers have gone down the flashy Led route to try and sell more boards. i wish they would keep it simple and charge less money.

Soldato
Like Jay 2 cents said: don't buy any gigabyte products direct right now (use a store that offers on the spot replacement) because rma service is non existent and if you have a broken gigabyte product dont raise an rma request and send it back for rma cause they might lose it

And as Jay said, the reason the support site is gone is because they lost the database, the hackers most likely dropped the tables from the backup files and so they can't restore it - I.e if you had an open rma request with gigabyte they might lose your product cause now they have returned items that they don't know what belongs to who and why it's returned

Last edited:

V F

V F

Soldato
Like Jay 2 cents said: don't buy any gigabyte products direct right now (use a store that offers on the spot replacement) because rma service is non existent and if you have a broken gigabyte product dont raise an rma request and send it back for rma cause they might lose it

And as Jay said, the reason the support site is gone is because they lost the database, the hackers most likely dropped the tables from the backup files and so they can't restore it - I.e if you had an open rma request with gigabyte they might lose your product cause now they have returned items that they don't know what belongs to who and why it's returned

Funny, I always think of this scene when it hits the fan with companies and Government.

Associate
Is this just for motherboards or all gigabyte products across the board? If the latter then this bodes delightfully well for me who needs to send back a knackered Aorus 2080 super... oh joy!

Associate
OP
...so it looks like the Gigabyte UK RMA website is up and running again. I've just emailed [email protected] explaning the situation, and I'll let you know how I get on.

This wil be an interesting test case to help decide whether I purchase any high-end(ish) hardware from Gigabyte in the future. One thing is for sure though - I am never using Amazon for anything even remotely 'big ticket' in future.

Email set out below...I'll update when I get a response.
Wintermute

EMAIL TO GIGABYTE

Dear Gigabyte,

Just over a month ago my Gigabyte Aorus Ultra X570 - purchased in July 2019 from Amazon - stopped working. I spoke to Amazon and they told me that they will only deal with return to manufacturer warranties for two years, and despite the fact that I have directed them to the Gigabyte support website to illustrate that Gigabyte Motherboards come with a three year warranty that must be pursued via the dealer who sold the motherboard, Amazon have told me that I need to get in touch with Gigabyte.

In short, Amazon - the dealer that sold me the motherboard - refuse to process my RMA for a Gigabyte motherboard that is within warranty. Some of the correspondence from Amazon is set out below this email.

Unfortunately, when the problem occurred, the Gigabyte UK website was not working. I posted on the Overclockers UK forum as I know there is a Gigabyte rep who often responds there, and other members of the OC forums informed me that Gigabyte's RMA system was down and I would be unlikely to get a response. My post is set out below - my handle is Wintermute2:
https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/t...has-been-inaccessible-for-weeks-now.18936031/

GIGABYTE - Support website has been inaccessible for weeks now. | Overclockers UK Forums

It wasn't practical for me to wait until your returns website/support portal came back online, so I've purchased another Aorus X570 Ultra from REDACTED (where I trust the RMA warranty will be honoured) at a cost of £280 including delivery. I can provide reciepts if this will help things.

I'm really looking for some help/guidance on how to resolve this issue. Your website says that I have to go through the dealer that sold me the motherboard, but Amazon are telling me that I have to speak to Gigabyte. Please let me know how I can return the faulty motherobard to you.

Also - it probably goes without saying, but I have no need for two Gigabyte Aorus X570 Ultra motherboards - I just couldn't do my job without a working PC - and as your support website was not working I had to purchase a new one. I would strongly prefer to be reimbursed for one of the two motherboards I've purchased, but if this is not possible I'd at least like a new motherboard to replace the one that has stopped working, or for you to repair the motherboard that has stopped working so I can use it as a backup.

If you could come back to me with some advice on how to resolve this issue I'd be grateful. Needless to say, if you are able to resolve my issue in a timely manner I'll update the community on Overclockers.Co.Uk to let them know about the quality of customer service.
Thanks in advance for your help
Wintermute

EMAIL RESPONSE FROM AMAZON

Hello REDACTED

This is Kerry from Amazon Customer Services, I hope my email finds you well.

I'm sorry to hear of the difficulty experienced with the Aorus X570 AORUS ULTRA (Socket AM4/X570/DDR4/S-ATA 600/ATX) received on 19 July 2019 from your order REDACTED

As you've had satisfactory use of this product for a period of time exceeding both the manufacturer's warranty period and the typical average life of this product, and since you purchased your product approximately 25 months ago and have used it successfully, please understand that we're unable to offer you a repair, a replacement or refund of the replacement value.

The manufacturer is often in a better position than the retailer to deal with technical problems affecting their products. Therefore, should you wish to pursue this matter further, we'd encourage you to contact the manufacturer to see if they can provide further assistance. They may offer a repair service or provide you with information on relevant charges for an out of warranty repair:

- Manufacturer: Gigabyte
- Contact link: https://www.gigabyte.com/uk/Contact

For more information on your statutory rights, please contact your local Trading Standards Office.

We hope to see you again soon.

We'd appreciate your feedback. Please use the buttons below to vote about your experience today.
Did I restore your trust in Amazon?

(....needless to say, I responded to Amazon and completely lost my ****. It was not a particularly dignified response, and indeed would not be amongst my proudest moments. I'll spare you my polemic....)

Associate
As you've had satisfactory use of this product for a period of time exceeding both the manufacturer's warranty period and the typical average life of this product, and since you purchased your product approximately 25 months ago

Typical average life of a desktop motherboard is well beyond 25 months in my experience. More like somewhere between 3-5 years.

Interesting that they refer you to trading standards to find out about your statutory rights that they are ignoring. Although, at this point (beyond 6 months old), strictly speaking you have to demonstrate the fault was present at the point of sale (which might be tricky).

Back
Top Bottom