What watch do you wear?

Soldato
After some advice please - I'd like to try a different strap on my watch (ZULUDIVER Sennen NATO Watch Strap - Midnight Blue & Khaki on a Baltic Aquascaphe to be precise - think it would look nice). Could someone reccomend a decent spring bar tool for the job? Amazon has a plethora of them - and I'm sure that there are good ones and (perhaps) less than good ones....
I bought a Bergeon one from WatchGecko for way too much than a spring bar tool should cost, but it looks like it'll last forever.

Soldato
I bought a Bergeon one from WatchGecko for way too much than a spring bar tool should cost, but it looks like it'll last forever.
This. And get replacement tips, or ones with a choice of fork sizes, as the fork size you'll need depends on the watch and spring bars used. Indeed some only need the rod rather than the fork.

The cheaper ones I've had, the forks just snap leaving useless but very sharp and scratchy ends, prime for damaging the lugs or case. Bergeon have better (more reliable) treated steel. I think there are other decent brands too, but Bergeon are ubiquitous.

Associate
That bronze gold speedmaster is stunning! Added to my ever expanding wishlist :D

I got the DSOTM Apollo 8 Speedmaster for a big birthday recently and absolutely love it. The ceramic looks amazing and makes the watch extremely light for its size. I really like the uniqueness of the dial and exposure of the movement too.

The Apollo 8 is amazing. Ive got a rubber strap and a ceramic bracelet for mine too, not Omega but who cares they fit and look the part :)

Soldato
The Apollo 8 is amazing. Ive got a rubber strap and a ceramic bracelet for mine too, not Omega but who cares they fit and look the part :)

Where did you get the strap from? I’ve ordered the Apollo 8 deployant strap, annoying it can’t be specced with it right away.

Caporegime
Not posted in a while so here are some of the watches Ive managed to grab a loan of to check out over the past month or two...

Wow, that steel Bell & Ross is really a lovely design, I haven't seen anything like it before.

PS: In future you may want to put your images in quotes to stop other people quoting them all unnecessarily

Soldato
Zenith El Primero Revival “Shadow” - After seeing this elsewhere I now have knocked off a Grand Seiko off my future want list of just one more watch. Such a beautiful watch and at 37mm, perfectly proportioned.

Time to save more pennies....

Very nice looking watch. However, I find it to be a bit too similar to the Tudor Fastrider; which is far cheaper and slightly better looking imo (especially in red and black)

Associate
What were your thoughts on the watches?

The BR's look interesting...

The IWCs were great, solid built but I thought I could find the same elsewhere for less money.

The ML GMT I hated at first then grew to like, the chequerboard effect and black date disc turned out great and ended up buying one of their other models.

The steel B & R was amazingly well put together but the design wasnt for me.

The Red Radar is me 100% but impossible to read at night or in falling light. Its like the DSOM Dark Dark.

The Cuervo was one of the surprises. £3600 limited to 30 pieces and one of the best guilloché dials Ive seen, so deep and the salmon works amazingly well!

The Spinnaker is a low budget Miota work horse with some funky features for £500 and comes with Pelicase styled box and limited to 500 pieces.

Man of Honour
Very nice looking watch. However, I find it to be a bit too similar to the Tudor Fastrider; which is far cheaper and slightly better looking imo (especially in red and black)

You mean the Tudor is similar to the Zenith? :p El Primero Revival is a revisit of their 70s model and the movement is 50 years old kicking out a high beat! Fastrider first released after 2010. IMO the red and black looks cheap/toy-like with that colour scheme. It just doesn't look like a £3000 watch, plus it's 42mm which in Tudor sizing world these days is pretty chunky :o

For me only one modern Tudor watch was and still is almost perfect, the OG Pelagos. If only it had no date window and was just 2mm thinner...

Caporegime
Zenith El Primero Revival “Shadow” - After seeing this elsewhere I now have knocked off a Grand Seiko off my future want list of just one more watch. Such a beautiful watch and at 37mm, perfectly proportioned.

Time to save more pennies....
Hmm, that is imo one bleak looking watch, bordering on ugly, especially with the brown powder coated case. It's really chunky too and I bet it wears larger than 37mm.

If I was going for a chrono I'd much rather save more and have something like an omega Speedmaster 38mm that has far more palatable looks and would be much more practical for regular wear whether dressing up or down.

You mean the Tudor is similar to the Zenith? :p El Primero Revival is a revisit of their 70s model and the movement is 50 years old kicking out a high beat! Fastrider first released after 2010. IMO the red and black looks cheap/toy-like with that colour scheme. It just doesn't look like a £3000 watch, plus it's 42mm which in Tudor sizing world these days is pretty chunky :o

For me only one modern Tudor watch was and still is almost perfect, the OG Pelagos. If only it had no date window and was just 2mm thinner...

Have to agree about the Pelagos, I do love that watch. The good thing about the date window is that it looks like a normal indices marker so you can basically just ignore it and not worry about changing it whenever you put it on after a break.

Man of Honour
Hey fella - we need to chat! :)

You know where to find me!

Hmm, that is imo one bleak looking watch, bordering on ugly, especially with the brown powder coated case. It's really chunky too and I bet it wears larger than 37mm.

If I was going for a chrono I'd much rather save more and have something like an omega Speedmaster 38mm that has far more palatable looks and would be much more practical for regular wear whether dressing up or down.

Have to agree about the Pelagos, I do love that watch. The good thing about the date window is that it looks like a normal indices marker so you can basically just ignore it and not worry about changing it whenever you put it on after a break.

It's not powder coated nor is it brown, it is micro blasted Titanium! Whilst a Speedmaster is nice, it's also very common with far too many variations out nowadays, whereas something like the El Primero is different but true to its vintage style. The review I linked says it wears more like a 40mm because of the case shape and it's around 11mm thick with short lug to lug. I'll probably never end up getting one either way because life priorities get in the way lol, but hey ho this is how wants/desires work isn't it? :p

I think it looks fantastic and something uncommon amongst a sea of common. The movement is far nicer than the Omega, too.

Back
Top Bottom