petrol stations price discussion (was ‘chaos’)

Associate
We stopped for food mainly and had enough diesel to get home so didn't argue the point. They also refused a caravanette in front of us. The lorry side was completely empty yet people were having to queue for diesel the other side which was making things worse.
I do believe the HGV pumps have larger nozzles and wont fit.

Associate
If you're heading for london or the SE make sure you've enough fuel to get back home again because you won't find anything down here locals are are like bird twitchers passing information on facebook etc "theres fuel down at xxxx! Get down here asap!".
I agree!

Had some errands to run in North London earlier. Of the petrol stations I passed:

Esso - No fuel
BP - No fuel
Shell - No fuel (Stirling corner on the A1 roundabout)
Morrisons Superstore - Presumably had fuel. A queue was just backing up onto the roundabout as I passed. Looked on gmaps traffic before heading home and there was a half mile tailback along the A1 and the minor roads were snarled up
Tesco Extra - No fuel
Shell #2 - Had fuel. Fortunately the road was wide enough that cars heading in my direction trying to turn right into the petrol station could make a line down middle. Traffic in the other direction was gridlock. Cars were trying to drive down the middle of the road but got stuck when they reached an oncoming line the middle turning into the petrol station..
BP #2 - No fuel
Esso #2 - No fuel

/edit the #2 petrol stations are different locations to the first ones. I was not driving back past the original ones again.

Soldato
Had to give my dad’s car back. I’ll need fuel by Sunday as I’m basically on the red so I’ll keep my eye out tomorrow morning on my local area’s FB group - what tends to happen is someone will report a tanker has arrived then shortly after a swarm descend upon that station and drain within a few hours so it’ll be a case of hitting refresh then bolting out the door as soon as something pops up.

Soldato
Government now admitting serious problems in many areas!
UK fuel crisis: Government 'GASLIGHTS' the nation on fuel | Daily Mail Online

only took them 1 week to admit this!!! Joke government probably the worse ever staggering it takes a week to admit this it was obvious last Friday serious problem all over the south east!

It's still a problem borne of panic buying. There's plenty of fuel, just not in the right places. Only turned into a crisis when it got reported on and blown out of proportion. Could argue that lack of trust in this Governments ability to respond to a issue speaks volumes. Doesn't excuse the Gov from ignoring the issues caused by their policies and ineptitude, and of inaction this week.

Soldato
Just been to a JET station near my girlfriends mum's house. All fuel available but pretty expensive at £1.39 for petrol. I was the only one filling up , been open but no one filling up the 3 times we have drove past. Yet 30mins away in my town it's 45 min ques.

Last edited:
Soldato
I was gobsmacked yesterday when I went to fill up, and watch an oap fill up 2 cans, and his car... When I got to the pump he had put in £62.... Sure he really needed that

Soldato
I was gobsmacked yesterday when I went to fill up, and watch an oap fill up 2 cans, and his car... When I got to the pump he had put in £62.... Sure he really needed that

Seems to be mostly OAPs doing that. I hope they know E10 doesn't keep very long...

A lot of places are stopping people filling cans now though.

Soldato
The two Shell garages I pass on my commute both had fuel this afternoon. One has managed to stay stocked all the way through this "crisis". Sounds like London and the SE has been hardest hit going on the anecdotes.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Finally managed to get some unleaded for the wifes car - she was on fumes - 30 quid of super unleaded at 1.49 a litre so 30 quid didn't go far. Should last her until next Thurs. I'm fine, 3/4 of diesel and I only commute two days a week so should last me a couple of weeks.

I had decanted 12l out of the Westfield to put in the wifes car so that will need refilling at some point but I wont be driving that for a while looking at the weather forecast.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Does E10 work in petrol mowers if it didn't work in older cars?
Most people I know that have one have had them years as they last ages.

It will run, but it might eat the carbs and fuel hoses over a period of time. It's worse the longer it's left as it absorbs water.

Back
Top Bottom