petrol stations price discussion (was ‘chaos’)

Soldato
Where on earth was VPower 1.33??

I don't think even regular Shell unleaded is normally that cheap near me :p
West London beginning of last week before this crisis it was something like 133.6 then it shot up to 142 midweek then not even been able to buy for a week until today & its 153.

I read somewhere the forecourt (even the oil company owned non franchise operations) have up to 8% variance in what they are allowed to charge over RRP :eek:

Soldato
they need a booking option .. like the barbers etc during covid times, otherwise, it is just too much hassle to drive around looking for options;

Pity the google 'popular times' graph won't show you todays information specifically - would that just be Android users though, and, to boot, those who haven't disabled location sevices.

Soldato
they need a booking option .. like the barbers etc during covid times, otherwise, it is just too much hassle to drive around looking for options;

problem is booking removes the commitment of sitting in a queue element, so would make it even easier for people to panic buy it, just like the super market delivery slots in peak covid...at least now you can just sit in a queue if you really need it, whereas if you could book it could theoretically start to be booked up weeks in advance...

Soldato
I only pass three garages on my way to work. #1 No diesel, #2 I assume had fuel due to a massive queue tailing back onto the A47 although their fuel price sign being off indicated otherwise. #3 No petrol and serving "Emergency workers only" according to the barely legible hand written sign.

I'm at about 2/5 of a tank so didn't try garage #1 but I'm back to work travel next week so I need to be confident of being able to knock off a 490 mile round trip. That is pretty much a full tank down to the fuel light so I'm hopeful I can manage to brim the car on Tuesday before I go. Then again I'm heading up Manchester way and it sounds like there isn't an issue up there so maybe it won't be too silly to head up without enough fuel to get me back home.

Annoyingly my usual habit of filling up fully before a work trip if it means I don't have to stop during the working day will probably get me tagged as a "moron" if that means putting just under £20 in.

I'll have to try and syphon some out of the MX5 if I get really desperate :rolleyes:

Soldato
Had to do a job in the works van today, went to pick it up and the fuel light was on, great. Phoned my local garage, no fuel. No answer on the second, but third time lucky they were just having a delivery. Went there, normal level of activity, no queue filled up and job done. So no real hassle in the end.

Back
Top Bottom