• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Graphics card for 4k 60hz desktop use...

Soldato
Hello,

I need a graphics card that will do 4k 60hz for Windows use general desktop work email office etc.

My current onboard video card will only do 4k 30hz and it destroys my eyes.

No gaming needs at all.

What the cheapest video card that will drive 4k 60hz.

I have a giga byte M28u hdmi 2.1 monitor. Which my series X and PS5 connect to but also need to connect my aging computer.

Are hdmi 2.1 graphics cards still very rare and far to expensive ? 4k 120hz in Windows....

Thanks Ben

Soldato
Hello,

I need a graphics card that will do 4k 60hz for Windows use general desktop work email office etc.

My current onboard video card will only do 4k 30hz and it destroys my eyes.

No gaming needs at all.

What the cheapest video card that will drive 4k 60hz.

I have a giga byte M28u hdmi 2.1 monitor. Which my series X and PS5 connect to but also need to connect my aging computer.

Are hdmi 2.1 graphics cards still very rare and far to expensive ? 4k 120hz in Windows....

Thanks Ben
GTZ 1050ti should which you can pick up for £200 .... others may know cheaper options?

Soldato
OP
I believe my problem is my onboard video card with HDMI is only 1.4 version.

So I just need a video card that's HDMI 2.0

£200 far to much for me.

Was hoping for around £50 surely that's do able for HDMI 2.0 card ?

Just unsure on what model

Soldato
What motherboard is it? If it has Displayport 1.2 then you can get an adapter to HDMI 2.0 which should be cheaper than a GPU.

Or if the monitor itself has Displayport, then a DP to DP connection works. In that case it even if your motherboard doesn't have DP, it should allow you to use a cheaper GPU with DP instead.

Back
Top Bottom