Switching up 55" TV to Projector

Associate
So I'm looking to redecorate my flat.

My plan is to hang my 55" Samsung in my bedroom, and put a projector in my living room instead.

Now my living room is approx 4.5m x 3.5m, and I am thinking of having the projector on the short walls.

How big a screen could I go for, and what should I be looking for - a UHD35? It has a throw range of 1.5-1.6. I think if I have the projector short wall to short wall on the ceiling, I could have a 3 metre wide screen? This being 3m short wall *1.5 = 4.5m away, so a 2.5m-3m screen?

For some reason I cant upload an image of the room, but I have a bookcase on one short wall, and windows on the other. The thought is to place a projector screen behind the curtains, which will stretch the full wall.

Would this work?

Soldato
So I'm looking to redecorate my flat.

My plan is to hang my 55" Samsung in my bedroom, and put a projector in my living room instead.

Now my living room is approx 4.5m x 3.5m, and I am thinking of having the projector on the short walls.

How big a screen could I go for, and what should I be looking for - a UHD35? It has a throw range of 1.5-1.6. I think if I have the projector short wall to short wall on the ceiling, I could have a 3 metre wide screen? This being 3m short wall *1.5 = 4.5m away, so a 2.5m-3m screen?

For some reason I cant upload an image of the room, but I have a bookcase on one short wall, and windows on the other. The thought is to place a projector screen behind the curtains, which will stretch the full wall.

Would this work?

Just go as big as you can and treat the room aggressively. Can always make the screen smaller, although rarely do people ever do this.

100 inches gets small fast IMO.

Soldato
I was 11-12 ft back from my 113" 16:9 and was really good size never looked too small but never too large either.

Soldato
I was 11-12 ft back from my 113" 16:9 and was really good size never looked too small but never too large either.

im same distance from a 155'' screen 16:9 and 2:35:1 165'' and its incredible.
surprisingly doesnt feel too big at all.. guests are in awe.

quoting my mate
'one is like a home cinema, the other is like a cinema' when i switched between the sizes using lens memory. try it if u have the throw distance (will need about 6.5M throw)

Back
Top Bottom