Villa Holidays

Soldato
Started idly looking at villa holidays for next year with the family, and found an interesting thing.

Both James Villas and Villaplus have stopped offering flights. I assume this is something to do with them getting burned having to refund people due to COVID and having the flight operators drag their feet maybe.

But the effect on the customer (I think - I'm no expert) is that suddenly you have nowhere near as much protection because you're not booking a package holiday.

It's also noticeable that the prices at Villaplus at least have shot up. A villa that we booked with flights for this year (and never got to go on) is £700 more next year without the flights.

Anyone got a villa holiday supplier they use who is still offering packages?

Permabanned
Tend to book and villa and flights separately, booked Portugal next August. Though luckily we know a couple of people with villas so booked one of those.

Have used air BnB in the past for villas as well.

Permabanned
2jrawy.jpg

Man of Honour
Tend to book and villa and flights separately, booked Portugal next August. Though luckily we know a couple of people with villas so booked one of those.

Haven’t had a package deal since early to mid eighties, they don’t appeal, although I’ve nothing specific against them.
I look around for a pool home in an area that appeals, get that nailed down, then seek a suitable flight.
If I’ve booked somewhere between Tampa FL and Naples FL, I’ll look for a direct flight into Tampa.
If flight times or prices didn’t suit, I’d start looking at flying into Atlanta, then on to RSW or Sarasota.
If pushed, I’d check out direct flights into Miami, then drive across to the Gulf Coast.
Once the house and flights are in the bag, getting a car is a walk in the park.

Back
Top Bottom