Bit of advice really

Associate
I have a 2011 Mondeo Titanium X Sport. One of my exhaust back boxes has rusted off and is currently taped together with gorilla tape. Obviously I need it sorted but can't for the life of me find anywhere online that looks like they sell exhausts or specific exhaust parts for this car.

I'm wondering about taking it to Ford and asking them to take a look, quote etc but suspect it is going to be very expensive.

Has anyone got one of these and had experience with replacing the exhaust on it?

Thanks

Soldato
It's all one piece up to the cat, but I believe Ford will sell you the back boxes plus a kit to sleeve them onto the existing piping. Won't be cheap though. It's a tricky one as there's plenty of aftermarket pattern exhaust parts available for the non-TXSport models.

Associate
Have you got an independent exhaust company nearby? I had the same problem last month. My local independent whom i had never used before , sourced a new backbox , had it delivered and fitted in less than an hour.

Associate
OP
Every local exhaust company told me it can't be welded/sleeved, they can't find a replacement themselves, why don't I look online - Ebay etc, goodbye.

I contacted MIJ, who quoted me £346 for a complete back section (including fitting) while I wait. Problem is, it's a 2hr 30 min drive from me.

I contacted the Local Ford dealer who said they will look at it today and give me a quote. I think the outcome of this is going to be expensive so MIJ is looking the most appealing.

Soldato
Every local exhaust company told me it can't be welded/sleeved, they can't find a replacement themselves, why don't I look online - Ebay etc, goodbye.

I contacted MIJ, who quoted me £346 for a complete back section (including fitting) while I wait. Problem is, it's a 2hr 30 min drive from me.

I contacted the Local Ford dealer who said they will look at it today and give me a quote. I think the outcome of this is going to be expensive so MIJ is looking the most appealing.
If you are happy with a bit more of a bodge, John Ashley exhausts in Walsall also not a bad shout. There should certainly be a garage closer to you though...

£346 at MIJ sounds a great deal though. It is a proper professional outfit. The garage looks like something out of Fast & Furious with all the cool cars/memorabilia they have.

Underboss
If you are happy with a bit more of a bodge, John Ashley exhausts in Walsall also not a bad shout. There should certainly be a garage closer to you though...

£346 at MIJ sounds a great deal though. It is a proper professional outfit. The garage looks like something out of Fast & Furious with all the cool cars/memorabilia they have.
sounds like its worth the drive to me :)

Associate
MIJ is a recommendation from me, I took my car to them last year. Had a full cat back custom made system for only £299, welds are quality they showed me quite a few steps of it and showed me loads of exhaust tips to see what I liked. They also had it done in a couple hours, I drove just shy of 2 hours to get there and im thinking of getting them to do my other car too.

Soldato
Has anyone tried Tony Banks in Leeds? That would be an hour closer.
Yeh i had my full exhaust including sports cat done there, owner is a great guy, they weren't super cheap but comparable to most exhaust places.

I was considering MIJ and heard some quite bad reports about them so decided to go to Tony banks instead.

Associate
OP
I got the exhaust replaced and noticed on the drive home I seemed to have lost the accelaration I used to enjoy. When I put my foot down to increase speed, it feels like trying to do 60mph in second gear. Is this a known thing to lose acceleraration after having a performance exhaust fitted?

Soldato
I got the exhaust replaced and noticed on the drive home I seemed to have lost the accelaration I used to enjoy. When I put my foot down to increase speed, it feels like trying to do 60mph in second gear. Is this a known thing to lose acceleraration after having a performance exhaust fitted?
No.

And I'm shocked you even notice. As the acceleration from that is like a snail

Back
Top Bottom