The Sound BlasterX AE-5 Owners' Club

Associate
Having some issues with this card in Windows 11 - If you switch to direct mode the volume slider in the app and windows itself no longer works and if you then try and turn direct mode off again it fails to detect your card until you reboot your PC. I think the drivers aren't really suitable for windows 11 at the moment :(

According to the SoundBlasterOfficial Reddit channel, their techs are aware of the issues related to direct mode in Windows 11 and are working on a solution :)

Soldato
Sound blaster command for my AE5 has stopped working, when opened no device detected....

even though drivers are installed and show working correctly in device manager.... this issue has started happening on the last 2 or 3 windows 11 insider previous builds.
the last working build that this issue was working correctly is 25336... every build after does not detect card when using sound blaster command software

the creators need to release a fix or if anyone knows of a fix let me know... this is annoying, i know its a insider build and things get broken but this for me is a upgrading stopping block lol, i cant use any new insider previous cause of this issue.... and i need the command software to enable direct mode for my card.... arghhhh lol

Man of Honour
Sound blaster command for my AE5 has stopped working, when opened no device detected....

even though drivers are installed and show working correctly in device manager.... this issue has started happening on the last 2 or 3 windows 11 insider previous builds.
the last working build that this issue was working correctly is 25336... every build after does not detect card when using sound blaster command software

the creators need to release a fix or if anyone knows of a fix let me know... this is annoying, i know its a insider build and things get broken but this for me is a upgrading stopping block lol, i cant use any new insider previous cause of this issue.... and i need the command software to enable direct mode for my card.... arghhhh lol

Usually reboot fixes it - I think sometimes the relays don't switch properly confusing it.

Soldato
Usually reboot fixes it - I think sometimes the relays don't switch properly confusing it.

First thing i tried, even turning psu off and powering on to remove any static charge then starting system up..... no matter what i tried failed, like i said though build 25336 is the last build that the AE5 card works with, any build after that the software refuses to see the hardware...
for instance i can install update to newer build then software says no hardware or cant detect hardware then i can do a roll back to previous build and the software will instantly see the card... i dont even have to change anything just starting it up and it works but god forbid if i have to upgrade...

Back
Top Bottom