SFF PC for Emulator

Soldato
So im instead of selling or recycling my dads old parts, im thinking of making a emulator rig that will run old games like N64 Golden Eye, Wii Mario kart etc.

The system i have is:

Intel 3570k
H61 Motherboard
16gb 1600mhz ddr3
EVGA 550ti gpu
Corsair SF600
Kingston A400 240gb
Cryorig C7 low profile cooler
Geeek A40 SFF case

Is there anything there i would need upgrading to run any emulator i throw at it?

Need it compact so it will fit on my TV bench next to the TV.

Thanks

Soldato
That will work just fine. Emulators of relatively recent consoles (ie in the last 25 years!) support resolution tweaking so if a game is struggling then you can have a wee mess about. Having said that, I ran Mario 64 on a P450 over 20 years ago so I repeat - that will work just fine!

Soldato
OP
That will work just fine. Emulators of relatively recent consoles (ie in the last 25 years!) support resolution tweaking so if a game is struggling then you can have a wee mess about. Having said that, I ran Mario 64 on a P450 over 20 years ago so I repeat - that will work just fine!
Perfect, just wanted to be sure before i commit as some parts will be new/used i.e. the SSD and psu.

If i needed to buy parts i don't mind as it's not costing me much anyway.

Be a fun little pc for me and the wife to enjoy when we're not watching stuff lol.

Man of Honour
ASUS P8H61-I LX R2.0/RM/SI 1155 mini ITX Motherboard for 3rd 2nd Gen Intel CPUs

4r119ed.jpg
You should be able to reuse all the pc (emulaters dont usually take much power) depending on gpu size and downsize the case if required. What i would do is test the emulating software on that pc first tgen upgrade parts if needed.

What sort of emulator software and have you checked system requirements ?

Soldato
OP
You should be able to reuse all the pc (emulaters dont usually take much power) depending on gpu size and downsize the case if required. What i would do is test the emulating software on that pc first tgen upgrade parts if needed.

What sort of emulator software and have you checked system requirements ?
Honestly i haven't even checked, will probably be N64/Wii based emulators. Are there any you could suggest that would work best with what i have? You seem to know a thing or 2 about this.

I did a PS1 emulator years back but can't remember what i used.

Man of Honour
Honestly i haven't even checked, will probably be N64/Wii based emulators. Are there any you could suggest that would work best with what i have? You seem to know a thing or 2 about this.

I did a PS1 emulator years back but can't remember what i used.
Only used Amiga emulater back in the day so things may have moved on since then, especially system requirements.

Dolphin emulator is one ive heard of but do your reserch .

https://www.google.com/search?q=n64...xmAEAoAEByAEIwAEB&sclient=mobile-gws-wiz-serp

Soldato
OP
Thanks mate, somewhere to start at least. Got a feeling im gonna have a lot of fun with this!

Back
Top Bottom