Cpu cooler for lga 1150/i7 4770k

Caporegime
Pending a full check Of my pc my old cpu cooler (corsair h100i v1) just nearly. Caused a mini fire by melting its pump connection.

What's a good replacement?

Soldato
4770K is very frugal CPU by today's Intel standards.
So really any high end heatpipe cooler would cool it well.
Or as well as bubblegum/toothpaste under heatspreader allows cooling...

For example Scythe Mugen 5 would fit to nearly any case.
Fuma 2 would be bigger and little better with dual tower design but with still full DIMM/PCIe clearance.

For waterpipe cooler Arctic Freezer II models have actually good performance per money.

Caporegime
OP
Yeah my pc is so old but to replace anything means replacing everything and it's just no worth it

I looked a little while ago. Nope. Cost was ridiculous

Soldato
If you're not overclocking and just letting it run at stock AND looking to upgrade in the future to something else like Alder lake or the new Ryzen refresh i would consider something cheap now like a Cryorig C7 for £30 or a Raijntek Pallas will cool the 4770k easily.

Soldato
I'll second what Deft Belief said.
Fuma 2 Grade B is extremely good cooler for very low price. It cools within a couple degrees of best and is just as quiet costing half or less as much

Caporegime
OP
After going for an air cooler I can't believe how much quieter the machine is under idle.

I had to run an cpu test to get the fan to spin up I thought it was broken!

Temps at stock maxed out at 77c on a full very hard test with 80W to CPU

Didn't even have side of case on. And I'm fan lacking too

Man of Honour
After going for an air cooler I can't believe how much quieter the machine is under idle.

Which cooler ?

Soldato

What mickyflinn asked. What cooler did you go wth. Also what case and case fan setup are you using?

There are some newer AiOs/CLCs are pretty, but as time goes by they tend to get louder and louder. It's usually a combination of coolant loss and pump wear .. assuming fans are quiet ones. of the 5 systems in our home, one is older be quiet! Silent Loop 280 with additional 360 rad I got from member here when it's pump started acting up. I do top up coolant about every 4 months. No visible leaks but it does get low over time. It's been in use for about 4 years now so expect pump to go soon. This means getting a water block for CPU, 4x fittings and hose as well. Radiators are copper so should be fine.

Caporegime
OP
I got a good deal on a coolermaster ma620m.
I was very very tempted by the one linked. It would probably be better but I love LEDs watched a few reviews and got that.

Inside my case is completely black. And as vain as it is I do l like it to match.

It's so quiet. I can't believe how quiet it is. I'm guessing that's same as any air cooler at low load. And my cpu is only 80w. I've seen some of the newer ones. They are insanely energy demanding.

Water isn't for me. I have no idea how old that AIO was. For all I know the pump died because it dried out. It's years and years old!

Back
Top Bottom