I want a self setting clock for the kitchen

Soldato
I have a Lidl one in Kitchen -It gives time -day - month -year - what week it is (week 42 this week) temp and moon phase - was about £20 yrs ago and has been flawless - It does change the summer and winter time as well.

In the lounge I have a Oregon one -same functions and it's been on the wall for 11 yrs.

Wish I had kept my wind up Fussi pendulum wall clock

Associate
A smart device could also offer timers for food cooking which could be useful ? and not cost much more than a clock, although power consumption probably greater.

Fire tablet with IPS screen probably looks best - can you leave them on 24/7.

For recipe guidance, I have most of recipes in One note - copied off of the web at different times, so not sure whether a show would work.

I forgot all about recipes and timers (which I use daily) plus it has the ultimate recipe guide - Mum. If I ever get stuck I just 'drop-in' on her echo show and she talks me through where I am going wrong.

Soldato
A smart device could also offer timers for food cooking which could be useful ? and not cost much more than a clock, although power consumption probably greater.

so echo shows are typically 5W (3.6-6.7) about half power of bulbs typically on in the Kitchen, will be interesting to see what the 15 uses,
can't see how much a 7" fire would use.

https://www.ihci-conf.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/03_202010L010_F060.pdf

51614470894_e768fbff10_o_d.jpg

Associate
I find ironic that we are looking at the power consumption of a smart speaker, given these forums are populated by people building gaming rigs that consume more energy than my granny's 3 bar electric fire. The price of all of those additional features works out at somewhere around 50p a month. I think I can live with that.

Soldato
yes I agree 50p a month is acceptable - but I'd need to know before having a tablet display running 24/7 in the kitchen - lcd smart screen glow might be a bit annoying,
but I don't have diimmable lights in kitchen, would be more annoying in a living room where you might lower the lights watching tv.

Back
Top Bottom