Aldi Gaming Pc

Associate
Hi all I’m new here and looking for some advice please

Aldi have been selling 2 x Gaming Pc recently

I’m new to getting a gaming pc and unsure if they are good value or could I get better for my money?

Contents £1099
  • 1 x PC
  • 1 x Mouse
  • 1 x Keyboard
  • 1 x Powercord
  • 2 x Front USB 3.2Gen1
  • 1 x Mic in
  • 1 x Audio out
  • 1 x USB 3.2Gen2 Type-C
  • 2 x USB 2.0
  • 2 x Back USB 3.2Gen1
  • 1 x PS/2
  • 1 x LAN (RJ45)
  • 1 x HDMI 1.4
  • 3 x Display port 1.4a
  • 1 x Front line out
  • 1 x Mic in/centre/subwoofer line out
  • 1 x Line in/rear line out
  • 1 x InWin premium gaming chassis
  • 1 x NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 TI
Features
  • Intel Core i7 11700
  • RTX 3060 TI
  • 8GB GDDR6 RAM
  • 512 GB Pcle SSD
  • 16GB DDR4 RAM
  • Wi-fi enabled
  • Windows 11

Or £899
  • Intel Core i5-10400 Processor everything else the same as above

obviously both are showing as sold out but I purchased both on impulse to decide as they seemed to be selling quickly

but now I’m unsure if I could get better or is a ryzen 5 5600x build better I keep hearing it is?

thanks in advance to anyone that can offer some advice

Last edited:
Soldato
Welcome to the forums :)

Just a heads up but this forum is owned and run by OCUK. They dont like comepitor advertising on it. Im not sure how they would feel about the german discount company but you would probably be better off just copying the specs of them and removing the links to be safe. :)

They seem to be good value with a 3060ti in them. A 5600x will be faster in most senarios but is a bit expensive atm and getting a 3060ti FE is hard and a aftermarket 3060ti is expensive (£650+) and would cost you most of the build price.

The case looks to have poor airflow so be ready to replace that and possibly the stock inhel cooler.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Welcome to thte forums :)

Just a heads up but this forum is owned and run by OCUK. They dont like comepitor advertising on it. Im not sure how they would feel about the german discount company but you would probably be better off just copying the specs of them and removing the links to be safe. :)

They seem to be good value with a 3060ti in them. A 5600x will be faster in most senarios but is a bit expensive atm and getting a 3060ti FE is hard and a aftermarket 3060ti is expensive (£650+) and would cost you most of the build price.

The case looks to have poor airflow so be ready to replace that and possibly the stock inhel cooler.
Thanks for the advice

I will also remove the links now

Soldato
Have seen them in the past selling pcs
Usually they don't have many
Kind of a get people in the door promotion
Usually they're decent value for money
Though the case and the psu and heatsink may not be the best
It's an unusual time where building your own pc may not be the best choice
So they may be even better value for the money right now

Permabanned
Permabanned
It's still better than a 6600 @£400 which you recomended that is only 5% faster than a 2 year old 5600XT which sold for £280.

An Nvidia card is never a better option, no matter how many FPS your Fraps app shows in the corner.

The Radeon gives proper image quality, and does load the in-game textures properly.
All the things that Nvidia can't and cheats. So, avoid Nvidia!

Soldato
Be interesting to know the component manufacturers

My pal bought one and I had a poke around it.
Very major on third type build. Basic no brand memory, motherboard was basic and the power supply was just what was needed.

Decent enough for the price but pretty easy to a bean counter had given everything a once over.

Soldato
Seems a decent price for what you get compared to others. Not sure that case has enough airflow to keep everything cool though. Case design has come a long way from 2016 designs. Personally wouldn't touch anything without a front mesh.

Soldato
Nvme Phison ssd
Phison isn't any particular NVMe, but one maker of SSD controller chips.
Hence that can mean anything from crappy bottom dredge of product barrel QLC Flash drive to very high end workstation level drive.
And likelyhood is 99,9% for it being the former.
While tiny half TB fit only for low budget PC gets in practise full after two big games.

Similarly cases of the supermarket PCs are typically garbage.
This one even has PSU at top as case exhaust.
Design whose best before date expired 15 years ago.

And PSU is no doubt pretty much garbage with medieval design and crappy parts.

Those two would be the longest usage life potential having parts of the PC if good ones.

Back
Top Bottom