Small business card reader

Soldato
My wife is wanting to sort some form of card payment system out for her business.
She runs a behaviour and chiropractic service for dogs and horses, currently using either bacs, cash or cheque's.

We have been looking at izettle, sumup and Square anyone use these or is there something better?

Cheers

Soldato
Zettle got bought out by PayPal, I've used PayPal and square in the past. Personally I prefer the all in one pad with a screen which zettle offers over the contactless pad you get with square, but really it's best to go with whichever integrates best with your accounting software to streamline billing and payments. With these systems you can add product and services to your phone then itemise the invoices direct so it's more than just taking payments.

Associate
IZettle. Links to my Starling business account and QuickBooks for instant accounting. App on your phone and small card reader. Works perfectly for me.

Soldato
Are they all much of a muchness on rates these days? When I was last in the industry none of these solutions were really at maturity so the big boys still dominated except in some niche cases.

Soldato
Are they all much of a muchness on rates these days? When I was last in the industry none of these solutions were really at maturity so the big boys still dominated except in some niche cases.
If you are doing less than £1500 to maybe £2000 a month these sort of readers are, yeah.

Beyond that they get expensive & you'd be best with a merchant account.

Back
Top Bottom