Are console games more buggy then the PC version?

Soldato
With the last few games that have come out in both pc and console, it appears that the console versions of titles such as the new battlefield 2042 and of the past, cyberpunk 2077, it seems that the console versions seem more buggier then the pc?

Why? I thought consoles have just one hardware and easy to develop on and then ported over to pc's?

Back in the days of xbox 360's etc, console games hardly contained any bugs/isssues yet the pc ones were really bad.

Whats going on?

Soldato
generally I'd say no, PC due to windows + various hardware differences normally have more bugs, also games are usually developed for console then ported to PC.

However, if games are ported from PC to xbox for instance then yes, I'd imagine there could be a few more issues with it.

Soldato
With the last few games that have come out in both pc and console, it appears that the console versions of titles such as the new battlefield 2042 and of the past, cyberpunk 2077, it seems that the console versions seem more buggier then the pc?

Why? I thought consoles have just one hardware and easy to develop on and then ported over to pc's?

Back in the days of xbox 360's etc, console games hardly contained any bugs/isssues yet the pc ones were really bad.

Whats going on?
No, and usually this is because games like cyberpunk were forced onto out of date old consoles which causes issues. If it had released straight on current gen there would have been less problems

Soldato
no, other way around. PC`s have all types and ages of hardware and OS and can be a major PITA just to get a game running on PC with all kinds of errors that you have to google just to know what they mean

Soldato
It varies from one game to the next, a fixed hardware platform on consoles will help but ultimately it's down to how developers prioritise testing and bug fixing before release. PC gaming is undeniably more complicated and you've got added factors to contend with e.g. Denuvo.

No, and usually this is because games like cyberpunk were forced onto out of date old consoles which causes issues. If it had released straight on current gen there would have been less problems

Disagree, it was plagued with issues across all platforms and the fact that, a year later, there still isn't a PS5/Xbox Series version says quite a lot about the overall state of the game. It just wasn't fit for release in any form last year.

Associate
Agreed, although Cyberpunk crashed more times on my PS5 than all other occurrences on a Sony console combined. Shocking considering it's a known quantity, zero surprises in hardware, OS. That is unfortunate to say the least.

But otherwise console gaming is generally rock solid for the above reason.

Back
Top Bottom