Faded double yellow lines question

Soldato
Around the entrance to my road, there are double yellow lines. Noticed in past couple of months the yellow lines have faded in parts. Have reported this to the council. Probably won’t be done until spring due to dead leaves and colder weather.

Now, getting drivers parking near to the junction which makes it difficult to leave. As they are parking on areas where the DYL have worn. Question is if a parking attendant comes down here, could they ticket these cars? As problem is drivers will challenge the charge as they will say no lines are there.

Soldato
OP
50601491-10211835-image-a-16_1637146337909.jpg

He's also parked a few metres from junction so the council can issue fines for this.

Soldato
Pretty sure you can get fined anyway by parking on a junction like that. Dont need yellows, just the council or police to actually bother.

Caporegime
50601491-10211835-image-a-16_1637146337909.jpg

He's also parked a few metres from junction so the council can issue fines for this.

He will get a ticket for that and would lose his appeal. I would ring the council and ask them to send a ticket officer round. Plus thats dangerous so close to a junction. People coming up to that junction have to sit on the wrong side of the road.

Soldato
Be a shame if someone in an old banger was to clip that coming round the corner ;)

Seen that happen to someone who keeps parking on a t junction near me. One morning the rear quarter was caved in. They have a driveway yet keep parking there.

No sign of another damaged car so someone hit it and did a runner.

Soldato
Seen that happen to someone who keeps parking on a t junction near me. One morning the rear quarter was caved in. They have a driveway yet keep parking there.

I saw a similar thing with a fire engine in blue lights. The head fireman got out and directed the driver through the junction, calmly beckoning the drive to slowly rip off the front bumper of the offending car in the process!

Soldato

Whilst I couldn't possibly condone any kind of hit & run, it's hard to feel any sympathy for the person parking like a **** in this situation!

Caporegime
Ignoring the yellow lines he would get a ticket for packing near the junction anyway

6 – Parking within 10metres of a junction
Leaving your car close to a junction makes it difficult and dangerous for unsighted drivers to pull out from or turn into the side road. Pedestrians can also be put at risk because of the restricted view this type of inconsiderate parking causes. Rule 243 of the Highway Code states you must not park opposite or within 10 metres (32 feet) of a junction, except in an authorised parking space.

What’s the penalty: It is possible you will get a non-endorsable fixed penalty of £50–£100 for causing an unnecessary obstruction. If an accident occurs it’s likely you’ll be taking a large proportion of the blame – and be fined accordingly.

I have reported people who have parked like this before in the past when they have an empty drive right next to where they leave their car on the road. Police came and had a quiet word with her.

Soldato
The guy in the blue fiesta is taking the Pee, there is clearly a yellow line there, yes it needs repairing, but you can see that its a DY section, anyone that argues shouldn't be driving with eyesight that bad..

Soldato
OP

Never understood why people don’t park on their drive when there’s room. Only time my parents park on the road is when they clean the drive and when had people coming in to do major work like their garden, replaced an upstairs window to prevent damage.

Let’s hope his insurance provider looks at the news story if he wants to claim due to someone damaged his car whilst parked in
the photo I uploaded and NOT pay out. As he’s in the wrong for parking in a stupid and dangerous position!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom