Logitech g502 wireless magnetic cable mod

Caporegime
do you mean something like this ?

if so yes i did it but the shape of the cable i had didn't fit very well with the recess in the mouse, its quiet deep and a trapezoid shape.

what do you need?

Go on ebay and buy a usb cable with a magnetic head and a micro usb connector....

I took it off after about 2 days it was an over done solution to something that really isn't a problem to start with.

Soldato
Yes, I have. I bought a usb micro to usb c adaptor that brings the socket of the mouse far enough forward for the magnetic bit to plug into. The adaptor combo is close to the mouse mat but does not touch it, there's plenty of clearance. My plan is for the power part to sit at the top of my mouse mat so every few days I can "park" the mouse against it, allowing the bits to connect and charge up the mouse and just pull it off when I'm ready (snigger).

It's a nice solution to the £100 odd for the charging mat, which is nuts expensive and saves unplugging the WiFi block, plugging the lead into the mouse, unplugging the usb from the mouse and plugging back the WiFi block, plus mine has leds and my kids think it's cool af! The weight of the plug bit and adaptor is 2.8g, so negligible.

The magnetic charging lead was £2.49 and came with a usb c, micro and apple ends and the micro to c adaptor was £2.27. I will make up a nice looking mount at some point, the below pic is an early mock up for spaces/dims/layout etc.

jEuqNG1.jpg

vEiyy6E.jpg

1TWUoDE.jpg

Back
Top Bottom