Flushing new radiators

Associate
Just flushed three new radiators. Amazing the difference in the amount of rubbish that comes out.

HardwareLabs GTS 360: nice and clean from factory, 4 flushes max.

HardwareLabs sr2 360: also pretty clean, 4-5 flushes max before particles stopped being flushed out.

Alphacool xt45 360…. Jesus wept, 12 or more flushes before particles finally stopped coming out. And I still don’t trust it.

Oh my days, what a difference between manufacturers!

Associate
Bad luck. I flushed a Hardware Labs SR2 420MP, an Alphacool XT45 420 and an Alphacool XT45 140 and there was nothing but clean water coming out of all of them. At the time I felt that it was just a waste of distilled water.

Soldato
Did a few Corsair XR5/7's and were clean on first flush.
Did a MoRa360 and same was spotless inside!
XSPC TX360, EX240 and RX360 abit hit and miss but was generally very clean.

Associate
Currently just running in a couple of 289 rads- one cross flow one normal and a lot of white gunk still showing in fluid. Using deionised water till it looks clean then got some cryofluid when looks clean

Associate
i have had really good luck with alphacool, ek and xspc in the past. i do like magicool rads for price to performance but they are hit and miss. first 2 all clean after 2 flushes and 3rd had a few small parts in but 2/3 flushes did the trick. the 4th all seemed clean after 2 flushes but after one month one or more of the channels was clogged bad and my transparent red coolant went dark brown and opaque. a lot of leftover metal powder got pushed and mixed around my system. turned system off and clean the entire system out and yes it was very small metal powder but small enough to to pass through the microfins so was an easy clean up thankfully.

Associate
Never trust any manufacturer to be spotless clean. Flush everything you have.. no harm in doing so and you ain't wasting a day doing it

Back
Top Bottom