Hellbound (Netflix)

Caporegime
Gave it a go earlier...bit **** isn't it. What a dull show for a set up that could have been fun.
I thought it started well until like 3 eps in.
where's the government? scientists? the army?

They just let some cult start some weird organisation and take control :S

Associate
Accidently watched two episodes last night, got sucked in. Seems like it's got possibility for twists, and enjoying it after other series i didn't enjoy really put me off netflix a while ago now.

Watched with subtitles but the audio descriptions annoyed me so went to dubbing. Initially was annoying but fine when i got drawn in.

Nothing wrong with dubs,

I'm with you, cba to read sometimes. Good dubbing definitely goes a long way, but when you get used to it it's okay.

Soldato
Finished it last night.

Interesting End. I honestly thought that when they went after the baby there would be some sort of Anti-Executioner turn up to take them on. Very interesting when the woman who had been killed at the beginning came back to life. Wonder if she will be some sort of entity that can fight back against them.

Soldato
thought that ending ruined it, to be honest. i can't stand it when they set up rules for a series and then just abandon them for seemingly no reason.

did enjoy the pink haired looper though, he was great when he was doing his off-his-head rants.

Associate
Yeah me also, it was a bit wtf moment.

Finished it last night.

Enjoyed it and an easy watch. I expected something different, more monsters mostly.

I wasn't sure if the first New Truth leader was going to turn out to be the devil.

The ending was strange, but not sure any other ending would have been better anyway.

If another series pops up i'll be sure to watch it.

Caporegime
I enjoyed it but two things for me

1. Those monsters seemed to be affected by attacks on them. Even hits from a man seemed to get their attention and gunshots looked like they damaged them.

In that case, during a demonstration, wouldn’t it be something a good heavy artillery attack couldn’t solve?

2. Why was the first victim resurrected? What’s special about her? Have the others been resurrected?

I don’t think the what the new truth did was bad tbh. Let’s be honest, convincing everyone it’s sinners who go to hell is gonna stop a lot of sin and heartbreak, and people who don’t sin can go through life feeling unafraid. If everyone knew it was random, everyone would spend their lives crapping themselves and anarchy would ensue.

Soldato
Just finished it.

I liked the last episode. That the baby could be protected by its parents, and that a victim came back. That is interesting development. Maybe it means that wherever they are being sent (hell or whatever it is) is temporary. Or, maybe because two were sent instead of one (the baby parents), that meant one had to come back. Looking forward to next series if there is one.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom